1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber bans drivers from broadcasting recordings of riders

Discussion in 'News' started by BurgerTiime, Nov 8, 2018.

1. uber1969

uber1969

Driving:
    UberX
    Why

2. It still didnt cover the P.R. damages.

Ignore & walk off.

Leave driver ranting to himself.

If i take an uber ride
    I have NO INTENTION OF APPEARING ON YOUTUBE !

backstreets-trans, Danny3xd and Z129 like this.
  3. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Moderator

Racist! Raciest I tell ya!

4. Fargle

Fargle

Driving:
    UberX
    I did. They were talking about stuff in public they shouldn't have.

5. Dammit Mazzacane

Dammit Mazzacane

exnihilodrive likes this.
  6. Lee239

Lee239

Good, I never thought the right to record in public means the right to post the recordings online without consent.

UberLaLa and Danny3xd like this.

7. Exactly. Did anyone actually read the policy?
    I don't have a dash cam just for reinstatement over a BS Claim. But because no one can send me to jail over it. That's it.

Writing is on the wall though. The end is near. Perhaps they will make us employees hahaha

Attached Files:

8. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Moderator

Just a side thought. The few times I was asked about my cam, it was by shadier looking folks. A few just regular folks but they seem more curious than cautious.

The piece of mind the cams give me make them well worth it IMHO. I wouldn't want to go back to driving folks with out one or having the traffic side, either.

Bpr2 likes this.
  9. SurgeMasterMN

SurgeMasterMN

Understood with the traffic cam. The inside cam still has me reluctant to purchase one. I still think about this quote especially after 911. The surveillance state is in full effect everywhere.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

[​IMG]

Rakos likes this.
  10. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Moderator

Interesting point. (and I thought that was Jefferson?)

I don't think I am giving up or asking that anything be given up. More just ensuring there is a witness. Crime in London went down dramatically after surveillance cameras were installed. I also like RoRo's thought (think it was Ro's) about privacy is at home and in public, you're out in public.

My point, if a cop recognizes a bad actor on the street. Is that any different than a camera with facial recognition? Had the person stayed indoors at home, he could expect not to be recorded. But by definition there can be no expectation of privacy in public. An uber is a public conveyance.

I really do see your point. But do think my welfare and safety comes first in this case.

Saw a scifi movie the other day that I thought made your point really well. A line from it; "It's not that we have anything to hide. We just don't have anything we want you to know"

I thought that great and summed up my misgivings about meta-data and public surveillance.

Some really fine hairs to be considered for sure!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 12:26 PM
  11. Beltsville

Beltsville

Don't agree. This privacy thing is misunderstood. You don't have a bubble of privacy around you. You don't get to magically determine how others must protect your own words. Mind you mouth or use your own property.

12. goneubering

goneubering

Driving:
    UberX
    They should have done this earlier.

Rakos likes this.
  13. x100

x100

Highly doubt that.

14. That Uber Driver rebellion shall commence! Let the games begin!

15. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Moderator

I sincerely wish we would get ourselves and our collective "stuff" together and do that.

I have offered and pleaded. Not one response. Never, nodda zip. But we are all outraged by the same issues. Are great at commiserating. We are even supportive. We loudly voice our thoughts to each other. Some even actually tell the powers that be.

But never as one collective or with any actual sway.

Light a candle or curse the dark?

Z129 and exnihilodrive like this.
  16. DocT

DocT Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Riders should abide by the same "cam" rules as drivers in 2-party consent states.

17. Fargle

Fargle

Driving:
    UberX
    Does anyone know what "broadcasting" actually is?

18. dirtylee

dirtylee

Driving:
    UberX
    That's video was back when drivers made more money. It has gotten much much worse for drivers today earnings wise.

That dude was *****ing about uberX undercutting his uber black business into the ground.

19. Yam Digger

Yam Digger

Driving:
    UberX
    Only man-boobs. And I don’t swing that way.

20. Ask Mow, Curly or Larry. They know what broad casting is. :D