Uber Drivers Forum banner

Has anyone gotten banned for no fault of their own?

• YES

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • NO- PERM

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • YES BUT RESTORED

Votes: 1 14.3%

UBER BANNED MY ACCOUNT AND ACCUSED ME OF WRONG DOING!

6K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  moJohoJo 
#1 ·
I was accused of violating terms of service by uploading a "fraudulent" document. Apparently the new customer service person at MEINEKE used two different color inks on my inspection form. When I uploaded the paperwork I received a reply asking for re-submission and I did. About an hour later I received a message telling me that my account has been PERMANENTLY deleted. I quickly sent the form back and the receipt from my transaction also showing that I passed. NOTHING!

I then call the support line (PHILIPPINES) and they after a lengthy conversation, they do absolutely nothing. I even requested a supervisor and that was denied. I was told that I would be contacted by an UBER representative in 24-48 hours.... NOPE! NOTHING!

I go back to MEINEKE and have another form filled out by the manager this time. I send that in.... NOTHING!

I then am sent an email saying that I need to go to a green light hub. OK, I go yesterday to the same MEINEKE location (OXNARD) and am waiting for the UBER rep and he is a no show! AGAIN NOTHING!

I finally drive 50 miles to Santa Barbara and actually get to speak to a rep. He uploads my new document and tells me that hopefully in a few days, that my account will be restored. What a friggin headache and thanks to that first UBER nazi that did not care about the proof I submitted, I still am in limbo. Thanks UBER, your driver support and the way you treat your drivers is unparalleled.

See less See more
#3 ·
I was accused of violating terms of service by uploading a "fraudulent" document. Apparently the new customer service person at MEINEKE used two different color inks on my inspection form. When I uploaded the paperwork I received a reply asking for re-submission and I did. About an hour later I received a message telling me that my account has been PERMANENTLY deleted. I quickly sent the form back and the receipt from my transaction also showing that I passed. NOTHING!

I then call the support line (PHILIPPINES) and they after a lengthy conversation, they do absolutely nothing. I even requested a supervisor and that was denied. I was told that I would be contacted by an UBER representative in 24-48 hours.... NOPE! NOTHING!

I go back to MEINEKE and have another form filled out by the manager this time. I send that in.... NOTHING!

I then am sent an email saying that I need to go to a green light hub. OK, I go yesterday to the same MEINEKE location (OXNARD) and am waiting for the UBER rep and he is a no show! AGAIN NOTHING!

I finally drive 50 miles to Santa Barbara and actually get to speak to a rep. He uploads my new document and tells me that hopefully in a few days, that my account will be restored. What a friggin headache and thanks to that first UBER nazi that did not care about the proof I submitted, I still am in limbo. Thanks UBER, your driver support and the way you treat your drivers is unparalleled.
I am going through the same thing. I uploaded my driver license and they are accusing me of altering/modifying my document. I feel like someone should file a law suit against them for making false accusations and then punishing their "contractors" with no possible means of having the issue corrected.

#6 ·
Yes, I uploaded an inspection form from jiffy lube. I was deactivated after uploading the form. When I called driver support, Inay Umali told me that I've been deactivated for tampering with the inspection form and because I violated the terms of service by engaging in fraud, hybrid decision was final and there was no escalating. This happened on a Friday evening. I had to wait until Monday to go to a hub. I checked in, and when my number was called to see a rep, she said, I always know what's going on- she took me outside to one of their mechanics who did the reinspected my car and then said I was good to go. I was back online in 10 minutes.

#7 ·
UNJUST DEATIVATIONS !! THIS IS ONE OF THE MANY REASONS WHY YOU NEED TO VOTE NO on 22 . DO NOT be deceived .

GET THE FACTS!

What is Prop 22, the Uber/Lyft Ballot Measure?

Uber, Lyft, Instacart and Doordash wrote Proposition 22 to create a special exemption for themselves from California law that requires app-based companies to provide basic protections to their workers. Now they're spending more than $180 million on Prop 22, the most expensive ballot measure in US history, to boost their profits by denying their drivers' right to a minimum wage, paid sick leave and safety protections.

BACKGROUND:

• Uber, Lyft, Instacart and DoorDash paid to put Proposition 22 on the ballot. They hired lawyers to write a misleading initiative and paid political operatives millions to collect the voter signatures they needed.

• Prop 22 is a carve out in law that allows Uber and app companies to deny their drivers rights and protections like paid sick leave, workers compensation or unemployment benefits.

• Prop 22 exempts these multi-billion-dollar gig corporations from contributing to safety net programs we all need like Social Security, Medicare and Unemployment Insurance

• Prop 22 makes us all less safe by eliminating safety protections for riders and drivers and any liability these wealthy companies have to consumers.

• This measure threatens good, middle-class union jobs. If these companies succeed in buying this election, their low-pay, no-protection business model will expand in virtually every industry, leading to unprecedented job loss and a race to the bottom.

• Prop 22 ONLY applies to Uber and the app companies. It is designed to maximize their profits at the expense of taxpayers and their drivers. The measure creates a competitive advantage for giant corporations that hurts workers and small family-owned businesses.

• Current state law requires Uber and the app companies to provide their drivers with rights and protections, just like every other California business. The Attorney General recently sued them for breaking this law. You can help stop this power grab that hurts workers and taxpayers.

Prop 22 was written for app companies, by app companies - NOT for workers and our families. VOTE NO ON PROP 22

For NO on Prop 22 materials, contact acatsoulis@calaborfed.org or ssmith@calaborfed.org for access to our private site

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.