• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber background check glitch?

Lonelybuber

So today I'm driving around minding my own business picking up Pax till my heart's content, but all of a sudden after dropping a couple at the airport I notice my app all of a sudden logs me off. I restart the application and hit the switch to log on when I get a message that says account not activated and then I start wondering what the hell did I do to get deactivated, remembering all the crazy shit I've done as a driver.

However when I reach the Uber support line I was surprised to find out that the reason I was deactivated was because I did not quote on quote pass a background check and that I needed to contact the background company to see what the issue was so like a dumbass I call and wait for an hour to get on the line with somebody who could enlighten me with this issue only to have them tell me that there is no problem on their end and that I have no open background investigation.

So I call Uber back again only to hear a different person tell me the exact same thing the first person told me which was the call the background company to get an answer to my problem at which point I blatantly call them out on their incompetence and made them aware that I had already done that and emailed them off screenshot of the interaction that I had with the other company via email after reviewing my email then the customer service rep ask me to wait while they went to investigate.

To cut the story short they said that apparently there was a glitch and then there was quite a few drivers that had this issue and that they were working on a solution so I'm till now I've called them 7 times left 6 reports and I've gotten one reply from their Advance Team telling me that they will find a solution in 7 to 15 days...

Is anyone else going through this stupid nightmare or is this just really mean that customer service reps is full of ....

Comments?

lafunkdoc

Im dealing with the same thing. Driving for 3 years. 3000 rides. 4.91 rating. Out of the blue i get this screen when I try to sign on. Called help, went to hub, no one can give me any help other than to wait it out. So pissed about this. Happens the same day as Dara had his dog and pony show to introduce a new app that no one wanted or needed! Shows just how much they care about drivers.

Attachments

pismire

I was deactivated for the last 2 days. I just called the number someone said they would fix it, they didn’t. Called a second time about 3 hours later, they fixed it before we hung up.

Last edited:
I was deactivated for the last 2 days. I just called the number someone said they would fix it, they didn’t. Called a second time about 3 hours later, they fixed it before we hung up.
What # & what was said to get this resolved
So today I'm driving around minding my own business picking up Pax till my heart's content, but all of a sudden after dropping a couple at the airport I notice my app all of a sudden logs me off. I restart the application and hit the switch to log on when I get a message that says account not activated and then I start wondering what the hell did I do to get deactivated, remembering all the crazy shit I've done as a driver.

However when I reach the Uber support line I was surprised to find out that the reason I was deactivated was because I did not quote on quote pass a background check and that I needed to contact the background company to see what the issue was so like a dumbass I call and wait for an hour to get on the line with somebody who could enlighten me with this issue only to have them tell me that there is no problem on their end and that I have no open background investigation.

So I call Uber back again only to hear a different person tell me the exact same thing the first person told me which was the call the background company to get an answer to my problem at which point I blatantly call them out on their incompetence and made them aware that I had already done that and emailed them off screenshot of the interaction that I had with the other company via email after reviewing my email then the customer service rep ask me to wait while they went to investigate.

To cut the story short they said that apparently there was a glitch and then there was quite a few drivers that had this issue and that they were working on a solution so I'm till now I've called them 7 times left 6 reports and I've gotten one reply from their Advance Team telling me that they will find a solution in 7 to 15 days...

Is anyone else going through this stupid nightmare or is this just really mean that customer service reps is full of ....

Comments?
I'm going through the same going on a month been deactivated since March 13th & giving me bs answers from "you'll be activated in 24 hours", "it will be about 5-10 days", the last one being "you have to wait, be patient" from the Redondo Beach hub which was almost 2 weeks ago. I think everyone who I talked to are incompetent or lying through their teeth as I can't get a straight answer from anyone in uber support. For guys who got this resolved over the phone, who & what phone # did you call as my phone support has not worked since being deactivated

Last edited:
This is why everyone hardcore needs to have an active Lyft account
I have a Lyft acct. but as most of us know as a stand alone Lyft is hardly reliable & worse than uber.
Happens to a number of drivers every couple of months. Happened to hundreds in so cal late last year.

https://uberpeople.net/search/55711911/?q=background+check&t=post&o=relevance&c[node]=45+212+213
I'm beginning to see that but what determines how long this last as there is no rhyme or reason to this as I've been hopeful for weeks after visiting the hub 2 times & emailing them many times only to be disappointed again. Uberlala, who is the person you recommend at the RB hub if you don't mind?

Kay1661

Comments?
I lost 14 days due to this madness

Uberdooper

Same here .

It’s been like that for the last two days .. I get this message as i try to log in ..

And then when I go to the chekr website and input my info they say that a background check doesn’t even exist ..

Bunch of Morons

But oh well , care less nowadays .

1B5AC69C-6947-4E16-9308-4C2487B6C733.png

dkcs

The GF got hit by this as well late in March. Checkr ran a report at Uber's request and it errored out. The Checkr system re-ran the report 10 minutes later and it was clear but the prior report was listed as "suspended" in Checkr's system. This suspended report has caused her to be locked out twice even though there was a newer report that was showing her background as clear. After being waitlisted twice in the last month she was finally able to get Checkr to remove the suspended report from her account.

Long story short, if you have a bad or suspended Checkr record in your profile then it will be sent back over to Uber every month now and get your account waitlisted every month until you get Checkr to clear it out of their database. And with this new enhanced background that Uber is going to start using it looks like the Checkr reports will be updated much more frequently. Supposedly, Uber will be able to tell if you are convicted of a serious moving violation or criminal conviction within 30 days of being convicted instead of waiting around for the annual background re-check.

SR909

Same thing happened to me to its been couple days . I been doing uber for 2 yrs never had this happen before uber support reps all give different answers .uber hub said it was in error on there end and it may take 5 - 7 days or even few months .Good thing I have lyft.

dkcs

Go to the Checkr applicant portal and see what your report for Uber says you need to do. If there isn't a request for documents then call Checkr and have them fix the issue with the report. Uber reps are worthless and can't/won't do anything for you since it is a Checkr problem. Until Checkr removes the bad report or shows you with a clean Uber report then it will just happen again.

Get on the phone with Checkr to have it resolved then it should be updated with Uber's system within 24 hours.

https://applicant.checkr.com/

pismire

What # & what was said to get this resolved

I'm going through the same going on a month been deactivated since March 13th & giving me bs answers from "you'll be activated in 24 hours", "it will be about 5-10 days", the last one being "you have to wait, be patient" from the Redondo Beach hub which was almost 2 weeks ago. I think everyone who I talked to are incompetent or lying through their teeth as I can't get a straight answer from anyone in uber support. For guys who got this resolved over the phone, who & what phone # did you call as my phone support has not worked since being deactivated
1-800-593-7069 I just called and very calmly said hey my account is locked for a background check, can you help? The first rep said yes, I’ll send an email you’ll be cleared in a few hours. Cool. Didn’t happen. I called back a second time and again calmly told them I was locked for background check, she was able to fix it while we were still on the phone.