Uber Drivers Forum banner

Uber back to sending vague and threatening emails and texts

1K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  BruiserB 
#1 ·
i have gotten an acceptance and a ride canceling text in the last two weeks...i had not seen one since the policy clarification a couple months ago. I have been pretty consistent with my way of doing things throughout that time. to bad to see them going back to their old ways.

#5 ·
Its stupid. They don't want employees, but they want to make you accept every ride and travel far for pickups at your own expense. Stay strong. Hold fast. No pickups if greater than 10 mins away. No pickups at airport. No 5 stars for pax that don't tip. And no pax with less than 4.6 rating. I also keep little white cards in addition to my black uber cards. The white cards are for pax who live by me that i give my personal number to for bypassing the crooks at uber.

#15 ·
I worked 4 to 5 hours a day last week. Daylight and weekday hours only. Averaging over $25/hour. 15 minutes away is my limit but it's pretty rare to get those. 14 trips TO the airport and 14 pickups FROM the airport. 27 trips total (only worked 3 days). I rated all my passengers a 5 because they were all nice folks. Just under $80 in tips.

#6 ·
Drive 9.5 miles to pick-up someone at 12 am, yeah right!!!! LOL

Cancellation - "It appears that within the last 7 days, you've been canceling more rides than other drivers in your city. If you complete more trips you'll have less downtime and earn more.

We understand that cancellations happen. There are traffic issues that can prevent you from getting to a rider. Or something unexpected may cause you to cancel. But it appears you're canceling a significant number of trips. Canceled trips make Uber less reliable for riders and increase ETAs for all drivers.

Please sign offline if you don't intend to complete the trips you accept. We want you to be able to earn fares with the Uber platform, and a consistently high trip cancellation rate may lead to deactivation of your account. "

#8 ·
Well, here's the other one... And I gives no F**ks.

Acceptance - "We noticed that over the last 7 days, you've been online but not accepting trips. When you receive a trip request, you're the driver in the best position to pick up that rider. We're trying to make it as convenient as possible for you to get your next trip started quickly.

When you don't accept a trip, it gets sent to a driver with a longer ETA resulting in fewer completed trips and lower partner fares across the city.

If you don't want to accept requests, just press "go offline." Your acceptance rate will improve, and riders will be matched with drivers who are ready to pick them up. We're trying to make the Uber experience great for everyone. Learn more about how we calculate acceptance rates.

Best,
Team Uber"

#9 ·
And in case anyone is thinking I am a slacker, my stats are >3k rides and at a 4.87 star.

In my opinion -
  • If you want a quality ride, pay for a quality ride. If you simply want to get from A to B then take whoever wishes to pick you up.
  • UBER is no longer running based upon supply and demand, UBER is price setting. If they wish to price set, then they should need to follow the same rules and regulations of the taxi cab companies.
  • Their "temporary" 20% reduction to increase ridership has outlived any remote possibilities of being defined as "temporary".
  • There is absolutely no reason why a ride should be provided after 10 pm for $1 a mile. It's called per diem pay...
If all other drivers would refuse to give free rides then we all would be paid to provide the rides.
My ride, my liability, my time, my discretion.
#kickrocksUBER

#10 ·
And in case anyone is thinking I am a slacker, my stats are >3k rides and at a 4.87 star.

In my opinion -
  • If you want a quality ride, pay for a quality ride. If you simply want to get from A to B then take whoever wishes to pick you up.
  • UBER is no longer running based upon supply and demand, UBER is price setting. If they wish to price set, then they should need to follow the same rules and regulations of the taxi cab companies.
  • Their "temporary" 20% reduction to increase ridership has outlived any remote possibilities of being defined as "temporary".
  • There is absolutely no reason why a ride should be provided after 10 pm for $1 a mile. It's called per diem pay...
If all other drivers would refuse to give free rides then we all would be paid to provide the rides.
My ride, my liability, my time, my discretion.
#kickrocksUBER
I am going back to lyft ft now sprinkled with high uber surge. Uber didnt send me a PDB, lyft is still offering it. I will be driving lyft until uber responds.

#18 ·
I've gotten the low acceptance one a few times. I usually accept most trips, but when they started allowing pings near the destination of an in progress trip, my acceptance took a nosedive. I'd have to not accept if I just wanted to stop driving, or I'd be on a trip with passengers wanting to go to two destinations....then I started getting pings that I had to ignore as I approached the first destination. Glad they added the option to go offline after current trip. Now I have better control in those cases.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.