Uber at it again

Cary Grant

I saw that earlier. Giving themselves a raise. Again. We get paid even less, since fuel prices have doubled in the last year.

ftupelo

Nor can drivers continue to operate with rising expenses and no mileage rate increase.
Agreed, a delicate balance must be struck that fairly compensates drivers, is low enough to allow for sufficient demand from Pax, and that can support UBER and their shareholders' needs for return on invested capital.

KMANDERSON

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hold your ankles and put a sock in your mouth because we just got shafted again by Uber with no lube.

It hurts thinking about it......
They already take over fifty percent of the minimum fare and now they raised their money on that plus the book fee

I saw that earlier. Giving themselves a raise. Again. We get paid even less, since fuel prices have doubled in the last year.
I suspect it will get worse the rest of the year.Uber want to go public next year so they are going to do everything they can to screw the driver in hope of being profitable for the ipo.

ftupelo

They already take over fifty percent of the minimum fare and now they raised their money on that plus the book fee
And still were not able to turn a profit. This was a necessary step towards EBITDA break-even. They cannot burn forever.

Uberdummy

Private rides.....use pos Uber to fill the gaps and cherry pick only the best customers. My tips have been getting better and better since I never haul scum.

financeguy13

The fair thing to do is raise driver rates and Uber fees at the same time. Even just a small increase would make many drivers giddy. But that’s not the Uber way.

GTXgp

Do they pay all of it if you have commercial insurance?
Yes. I was getting $1.91 before this bump. In the fare breakdown it doesn't show Uber getting any booking fee.

So, with this new bump if you do at least ~100 X/XL/Select per month the commercial insurance pays for itself. Black/SUV doesn't have a service fee.

GTXgp

You get 75%/80% of it. So like a min fare in uptown is like $5. Not much but if you do 150+ trips a month, it's worth it.
You get 100% of it. I have an X account and a Black account. On my X account the fare breakdown shows the booking fee going to Uber. On my black account it shows it going to me. Uber doesn’t do their split on the booking fee. That’s part of the reason their cut can add up to more than 25% of the total fare on X accounts.