• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber at Airport

ladydriven

quoted rates are just a few dollars less than taxi rates and uber xl are a lot more the taxi van rates from airport rates quoted to airport from where i live in the north east are around the same as taxi. i don't see a saving for customers. I expect you will have to wait a long time at airport for a trip depending on the time of day.

MeekloBraca

Oh man, with the outlet mall coming in, this not be worth it for drivers. When Uber was illegal the airport was great.

BillBallCanada

Tonight, I waited 1.5 hr before getting through 10-15 in queue - and got a pickup request at the Outlet mall, drop-off at the Renaissance hotel, and made $7 and went right back to the END of the queue. Drove back to Edmonton empty. Not fun.

Billyboi

Tonight, I waited 1.5 hr before getting through 10-15 in queue - and got a pickup request at the Outlet mall, drop-off at the Renaissance hotel, and made $7 and went right back to the END of the queue. Drove back to Edmonton empty. Not fun.
This is typical
This has been my experience also. I have been number 9 in the queue and accepted a request only to drive all the way to Leduc for a local trip. This has happened at least 3 times. I have accepted a request from The Red tail Landing golf course, only to end up at one of the Nisku hotels. I assume the drivers ahead of me in the queue either do not accept these requests or cancel them if they are not a pick up at the terminal itself. Personally I accept all requests so it evens out in the long run.
Its always a lottery there at YEG. I will never stay if there are more than 10 cars in the queue. Often times even then you get a ride from one of the private terminals only to go Rutherford or some other deep south address. Wait an hour or two in the queue and make $15. Not worth it.
Many times I've driven away and got a ping on my way back to the city, either Nisku, Leduc, Beaumont or south of Ellerslie.
Unless you are tired and want to snooze while waiting in the lot or spend a couple of hours chatting to other drivers its a complete waste of time. Having said that, once the cold weather returns and there are more holiday travelers coming back to town it will get busier, so keep your eye on the flight schedules if you end up at YEG.

I drove for Yellow cab back in the seventies and it was the same story then, wait and wait and wait and take your luck on a short ride or one downtown.
There are some drivers that only work the airport, drive out empty, hang out for a couple of hours, toss a coin and once in a while get lucky and get a ride to Fort Sask or St. Albert, but also a short local ride.

When Uber started back with pick ups at YEG they told us that if you got a short ride you would hold your place in the queue, so far that has not been my experience. Certainly not including the new Mall or pickups across the Highway at one of the hotels.

One last observation, I have been in the Uber lot when an airport security agent inspected all the cars and drivers for their App to be turned on and ONLINE, their Uber stickers to be displayed and having the commercial licence plates.

ayanle

Since I was away I recently started driving again here Is my experience at airport.
Waiting time minimum 2 hours when you get request could be 7 dollars trip near by leduc hotels or even outlet mall excepted mean you lose your line. If you are lucky enough you will end downtown 30 -32. Or whyte ave 26 $ after commission. Most Uber experience they don't except unless shows door 10 at airport in this case If you you ignore more than 3 times you will end 10+ in ques star from zero that means 4 hours waiting time for you. At this time no many businesses at airport because no many International airlines .average cars all the time It Is 20-15 car during days. Situation EIA Lot not good at all no any facility they have two portable washrooms it is super dirty I will take pictures next time .Lot just empty area no any building they car use winter time. I assume winter will be disaster. Most Uber drivers they have nap while they are waiting request . So they need speak out. PS. taxi lot better they have facility such as washrooms, prayer room ,TV channels ,very nice parking lot ,watching shows while you waiting your trips ..

sedmairport

Today I wait for 10min, my number was showing 10, then I got a request from Leduc and got 25$ trip to Edmonton. Like to know what is busy time at airport when Uber Drivers got requests. Thanks and regards.

sedmairport

Same story today waiting from 3.5 hours, and then got trip for 26$ for south Edmonton. Feel good, yesterday I wait for 2 hours and got only 15$ local trip in Leduc. Please share what is busy time at airport, which days on week.

Thanks and regards