Uber Assist

sporadic

Hey guys, Uber Melbourne started sending us Melbourne drivers emails about rolling out Uber Assist here in Melbourne. Of course, "you are a top partner and we would like you to be a part of it, blah blah". Wondering what your thoughts are about it, and wondering how many people are actually doing it in SFO.

soupergloo

I was signed up for it when it was first released out here and was getting pings 20 minutes away without surge when I was sitting in surge zones, so I quickly had them remove me.

I also found that a lot of people using it were not disabled or didn't need extra assistance, they just didn't realize they selected Uber Assist

InvisibleUberMan

I am an Uberassist driver too and it is an absolute waste of time. I was too lazy to opt out of it. Next time I go to the support center, I will do it. The other day at SFO, one smart rider requested an Uberassist when he found out there were no UberX cars, rather only Uberpool. I got the call and I did not have to go to the TNC waiting lot. I had genuine Uberassist requests only twice in one year, one lady in a wheel chair (which took me 45 minutes to complete for a 7 dollar fare and had to push her to her for a doctor's appointment at her destination) and another one a visually impaired guy. All the other calls were from people who did not know what an Uberassist was and always from far away.

sporadic

Thanks guys! So it's essentially a charity for "contributing to your community", in #uberspeak terms. :biggrin:

Euius

Thanks guys! So it's essentially a charity for "contributing to your community", in #uberspeak terms. :biggrin:

Well, Uber is kinda tied. It's illegal to charge more for disabled services. They already waive the commission, and the rides still qualify for guarantees and PDPlus, so they even subsidize it.

But, since few drivers joined in, that means "nearest car" is often very far. Which is bad for the driver.