• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber assist 250 bonus?

Dan Uphoff

So i was trying to figure out what was going on, thought one of my referalls had gotten his 20 trips in...turns out he has 11 to go. Then i look at detailed summary and i see Uberassist 5 trip bonus (250 bucks) I had no idea we get bonuses for assist. Anyone know if we get more for more assist trips?

Attachments

Dan Uphoff

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Finally found that old email. Seems its for only the first 5. Still cool, totally forgot about it.

JimS

Some of the cities in the NW are requiring this for Uber to exist. Uber needs to accommodate the disabled community and therefore Assist. Nice bonus!

chi1cabby

So i was trying to figure out what was going on, thought one of my referalls had gotten his 20 trips in...turns out he has 11 to go. Then i look at detailed summary and i see Uberassist 5 trip bonus (250 bucks) I had no idea we get bonuses for assist. Anyone know if we get more for more assist trips?
Hi Dan Uphoff, you must drive in Portland Oregon. Uber PDX is operating under a temporary 120 licence. One of the city requirements that will be reviewed is Uber's service to the handicapped or disabled community. UberASSIST is will be used by Uber to demonstrate adequate service, thus the $250 bonus for completing 5 rides.

BizyMom

Ooh! What is Uber Assist? I'm an RN for my day job, and my town has a *huge* need for people who have some degree of basic medical training to transport the very elderly/infirm to/from various doctor's appointments and such. The taxi and bus services here are no longer willing to serve that community for their own liability reasons and the one medically approved transportation system is ridiculously expensive for these folks because it's only a wheelchair assist vehicle and very minimal service - they wait for HOURS for the HIRTA bus.

I'd be totally willing to help the non-wheelchair bound folks to/from the various buildings. They're probably less likely/less able to tip, but also less likely to drunk-puke in my car. :wink: I didn't see anything about assist in my area, maybe it's not here yet.