• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber asks SEC to let it give equity to drivers

Workforfood

Unsecured junk bond debt instead of $$$!
I'm sure that the overwhelming majority of ride share drivers will never meet the requirements of the Securities act of 1933 Section D. LMAO!!!
The article refers to Airbnb owners as a comparison which is very different from us.

x100

Isn't that used to retain the services of the employees by major corps , like you only get % of shares every year you put in.. normally 20% every year, so must stay five years for full value of it.

Lowestformofwit

Waiting for a new post:
"I only buy Playboy for their articles, and I only drive Uber for their junk bonds".
FFS - anything to avoid paying - wonder if their liquidity projections are starting to come up short for paying drivers in cash?

dauction

Again looks like I play the contrarian.... Companies that give stock are tend to be better run ..all the way up and down the line because all employees want the Company to succeed because all have a VESTED interest in the Company.

I'd love to know that as I am working Uber I will in 3 years , 5 years be fully vested and have an extra 2k , 4k , 10k , 15k available

The Transit Industry is not one where you can keep getting raising ..Unless you are in City, State,Fed .. (City Buses like I am ) ..it's all subsidized .. but Taxis, Uber etc.. are not ..it's a cut throat business .. take whatever you canget ..including stock options

Steve_TX

Uber wants to give drivers ‘stock’ and have drivers work for cash tips only.
What tips? Cash or in-app.

Companies that give stock are tend to be better run ..all the way up and down the line because all employees want the Company to succeed because all have a VESTED interest in the Company.
Uber and Lyft drivers are not employees? We're independent contractors.

Steve_TX

Pretty COOL that without being an Employee we can get COMPANY STOCK options
That depends. I’ve receive great stock options before that paid out. More times than not, the stock options weren’t worth the paper they were written on.

Next time you need a plumber, instead of paying in cash, give him stock options. If your house appreciates in value, he’ll get paid in 3-4 years.

heynow321

Again looks like I play the contrarian.... Companies that give stock are tend to be better run ..all the way up and down the line because all employees want the Company to succeed because all have a VESTED interest in the Company.

I'd love to know that as I am working Uber I will in 3 years , 5 years be fully vested and have an extra 2k , 4k , 10k , 15k available

The Transit Industry is not one where you can keep getting raising ..Unless you are in City, State,Fed .. (City Buses like I am ) ..it's all subsidized .. but Taxis, Uber etc.. are not ..it's a cut throat business .. take whatever you canget ..including stock options
not really. most of the time giving management options incentivizes them to do dumb shit like buy back shares from an over priced market. it encourages short term thinking and actions at the expense of long term growth.