• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber asking for cleaning receipt

Mohamed Masood

Thanks for your patience.

In line with our investigation of your cleaning fee request, kindly provide any of the following additional info:

-cleaning receipt

-timestamp of the photos

These details are not required, but they would help us better evaluate your request. Please send these additional details within 24 hours; otherwise, we'll just evaluate your request using the info you've already provided.

We appreciate your cooperation. Looking forward to your respons

Go to any carwash and ask them to give you one or snap a pic of any.

So they plan to pay you for the cleaning and not your time, Uber never stops being a piece of shit company, Lyft gave me 150 bucks for a @@@@ing 1 mm booger after some kid sneezed yet Uber wants to red tape you to probably give you 20 bucks, wow.

Sammy3068

I could not agree more.

If FUber think drivers are trying to scam the cleaning fee, why not come to a deal with a car cleaning company of their choice and pay the drivers $0

Oh wait, they do not care.
The reason is Fuber would like to dodge the responsibility of being an employer.

Again Fuber is on pax side. Bang on.

metalpenguin

Take matters into your own hands. Tell the offending passenger that you have no option but to report it to uber. Also inform them being sick in your car is against the terms of use and they may have their account suspended. Inform them of the $150 cleaning fee. If the passenger is human they will probably want to settle it outside of the app.

UberTopGun

kindly provide any of the following additional info:

-cleaning receipt

-timestamp of the photos
A few things to note -
Should this happen to you
then make sure you follow a few steps.
1). At start of your shift make sure your phone/camera/video has its date/time stamp turned on.
2). Always buy & have with you that day's Newspaper i.e. Syd Morn Herald; Daily Telegraph; The Sun; The Mirror (sorry gone back too far in time:rolleyes::p)
3). At the exact moment in time when the pax is chucking, spewing, ralphing, chundering, vomiting -
It doesn't matter where you are: Harb Bridge, Anzac Brdg, Motorways freeways tollways, no stopping, pedestrian school zone crossings, 151-241 Goulburn St.
Grab your phone/camera/video and start shooting=snapping/filming.
Feel free to use all the devices features - zoom in, clear shots of it flowing onto the leather/cloth/vinyl, going into the door window slots.
Even get a selfie if time permits with the pax in action!
4). Try an get a shot of that day's Newspaper front page and zoom in to Date on paper & yep ok smartie the price of the paper as well.
uber will reward you handsomely for this effort you've put in.
You might even score a badge from uber.
Be aware though that the cleaning fee will need to still be evaluated i.e. -
How well the footage is - if natural lighting was used, was the vomit free flowing, the vomit spatter etc etc
Bonus if both end of pax are happening at the same time i.e. mouth & rear simultaneously :eek:

fields

The fault lies with the passenger, not Uber. They should have given you cash for the costs incurred.

Of course you need to provide a cleaning receipt and of course you should have asked for one. How are you going to claim for it against your taxable income without a receipt.

Again, I would be furious with the passenger, not so much Uber. They are copping a lot of flack in the press regarding so called fake cleaning claims.

5STARS@Sydney

All good things eventually come to an end. The great cash cow that was the cleaning fee scam has ended.

Two things are happening. Uber has caught on to the scam so it’s asking for more evidence before paying out, and as it prepares for an IPO it is watching its costs more closely as it needs to demonstrate a path to being profitable.

Time to try other scams as the cleaning fee scam horse has already bolted.

DA08

All good things eventually come to an end. The great cash cow that was the cleaning fee scam has ended.

Two things are happening. Uber has caught on to the scam so it’s asking for more evidence before paying out, and as it prepares for an IPO it is watching its costs more closely as it needs to demonstrate a path to being profitable.

Time to try other scams as the cleaning fee scam horse has already bolted.
Uber only has asked my once for receipt or stamp photos... I've send the photos.....
I think op has to understand its whitin ubers right to ask fir receipt... Would he or you pay someone just coz they say so?

Sammy3068

Take matters into your own hands. Tell the offending passenger that you have no option but to report it to uber. Also inform them being sick in your car is against the terms of use and they may have their account suspended. Inform them of the $150 cleaning fee. If the passenger is human they will probably want to settle it outside of the app.
Yupe it is better settle out of FUber. It happened this to me twice, settled out. I got chicks even vomitted in my car twice. No report on them, as they felt very sorry and not something very gross and stink so I let go. Zero compensation.

Depending on my mood, the pax's behaviour and how well Fuber treated me . All in negative , report.

Uber only has asked my once for receipt or stamp photos... I've send the photos.....
I think op has to understand its whitin ubers right to ask fir receipt... Would he or you pay someone just coz they say so?
Lol indeed Fuber back office staff. Talk more like a marketing staff.

Talk so much for f sake ? Get your panel of car wash and compensate driver for lost hour. I know it won't trying to.escape risks and responsibilities as an employer. Dare you Fuber .

Last edited:

Icecool

Thanks for your patience.

In line with our investigation of your cleaning fee request, kindly provide any of the following additional info:

-cleaning receipt

-timestamp of the photos

These details are not required, but they would help us better evaluate your request. Please send these additional details within 24 hours; otherwise, we'll just evaluate your request using the info you've already provided.

We appreciate your cooperation. Looking forward to your respons
You probably have claimed too many cleaning fees . I recieved a cleaning fees no longer ago . I just sent the picture and the name of pax . 3 days later I got the cleaning fee . No question , receipt ask .

Icecool

I normally just scrape the vomit up, take it in to uber hub and dump it on the counter, this way there can be no doubt about the veracity of the claim.
Uber are only being careful of the cleaning fee frauds by some drivers .

Sammy3068

I normally just scrape the vomit up, take it in to uber hub and dump it on the counter, this way there can be no doubt about the veracity of the claim.
:rolleyes: , it might be instant processing for the cleaning fee?:p

Uber are only being careful of the cleaning fee frauds by some drivers .
Your head is very negative and paranoid. Funny . How many times can you claim on this fraud lol ? Good luck for claiming !

Last edited:

yoyoma

I work only at night. I had few times riders vomiting in my car. I don't stop!
I tell the rider not to move till I will take him to his/her destination. I open all the windows. I don't give him/her tissues or any other thing to clean. When we arrive to his home, before going out from the car I take photos then I tell him/her to leave.
I take more photos send everything to Uber stop working for the night and start cleaning up (I have all the cleaning gear with me).
Less then one day later I get 150$ on my account.

Sammy3068

I work only at night. I had few times riders vomiting in my car. I don't stop!
I tell the rider not to move till I will take him to his/her destination. I open all the windows. I don't give him/her tissues or any other thing to clean. When we arrive to his home, before going out from the car I take photos then I tell him/her to leave.
I take more photos send everything to Uber stop working for the night and start cleaning up (I have all the cleaning gear with me).
Less then one day later I get 150$ on my account.
Yuck ....:eek: