• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber asked how you feel about driving Pools

PioneerXi

They didn’t ask me.

They probably know my answer and don’t require confirmation to slant their statistics. .

What the math doesn’t account for is downtime. Time spent without a rider in your car. When you turn down every single pool ride then your spending more time without a rider in your car.

When your in a remote area where pings aren’t coming in every 2 minutes and you have to maybe sit for 10-15 minutes for a request...and you get a residential ping with a good rating but realize its a pool. Your telling me that your turning down that request to potentially sit another 5-15 for a ride that’s gonna net you 10% more then the previous. That’s a mistake in my book.

The other thing about pool rides you need to factor in is that these rides tend to be longer rides especially when your in terrible locations ( DT, PB etc.) A rider taking an short ride in DT is always gonna take a UberX since the price difference isn’t significant but a rider taking a ride out of DT might go with the cheaper pool option.

I like taking pools because those can be longer rides. Sometimes you can get a significant discount. If Uber quotes me $10 for a ride or $21. The only downside is it might take longer and you might have to share the ride with someone else. Alot of people will go with the cheaper ride. I experiment all the time by getting estimates in the riders app just to see what the difference can be in that area. I was sitting in la jolla last night waiting for a ride. I checked the app to see that a DT ride was $8 in a pool and $19 for an X. A few minutes later i get a pool ride to DT. Coincidence? probably but i like to take advantage of every thing available.

A huge rule of making good money while driving is staying busy with riders in your car. Turning down every pool ride compromises that rule significantly.
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 320370View attachment 320371View attachment 320372

I just took these screenshots from the rider app 2 seconds ago. When Uber throws these kind of prices in your face. Wether you have money or not. Alot will go with the significant discount. I would almost feel snobby taking a $33 ride that was offered to me at $13 only to have to share the car with 1 or 2 other strangers. I can see why Uber/Lyft are so popular. You can get a ride from Lakeside to the Hotel Del for $17. That exact same ride in a taxi would run you $90. Sometimes people are just smarter not cheaper.
[/QUOTE

Sure, we all hope to get a long ride when we accept a pool ride....but the reality is that most end up being 15-20 minute rides (5-8 miles) where most of that time is spent in traffic.....maybe if your in a remote area it may be worth your time. But, I learned my lesson. In my experience, most uber pool rides are short rides where the rider is too cheap to pay out a dollar or two more for the uber X ride.... NEVER underestimate the cheapness of the consumer....also, most people who are taking a longer ride to either downtown for date night or the airport for a trip will NOT risk (unnecessarily) wasting thier time on a pool ride....those are more for students and office workers.good luck getting a tip out of them too..

Transportador

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Driving around in the South bay, I cringe when I see a pool request anywhere near a Walmart or Trolley Station. These people are so poor or cheap, going short distance, and don't mind the extra time since they just got off the slow buses.

Except for this one time, I picked up rider 1 in Chula Vista, going short distance, then picked up rider 2 from Palomar Trolley going all the way to the border! I asked him why he didn't just take the trolley. He said his wife and kids got on the trolley, but he was carrying their stuff and was slow, the trolley closed the doors and took off. LOL.

His wife ordered him Express Pool to catch up with them at the border. Hilarious! I didn't mind helping out since the ride went from $5 to $12 because of him. He even crossed Palomar to the opposite side of the trolley station because of Express Pool pick up. Poor guy!

NCRBILL

Driving around in the South bay, I cringe when I see a pool request anywhere near a Walmart or Trolley Station. These people are so poor or cheap, going short distance, and don't mind the extra time since they just got off the slow buses.

Except for this one time, I picked up rider 1 in Chula Vista, going short distance, then picked up rider 2 from Palomar Trolley going all the way to the border! I asked him why he didn't just take the trolley. He said his wife and kids got on the trolley, but he was carrying their stuff and was slow, the trolley closed the doors and took off. LOL.

His wife ordered him Express Pool to catch up with them at the border. Hilarious! I didn't mind helping out since the ride went from $5 to $12 because of him. He even crossed Palomar to the opposite side of the trolley station because of Express Pool pick up. Poor guy!
That is one of the worst places to find someone.

Paul Vincent

I want Express pools to be labeled Express pool at all times. When I look at the riders name I want Express pool always labled so I know they don't get door-to-door service when I have mix regular pool and express pool it's hard to keep track who's Express and who's not.Keep Express pool listed at all times throughout the journey wherever I look on the app I want Express next to the name. I don't know if I'm making any sense at this point .

DirtyRead

I want Express pools to be labeled Express pool at all times. When I look at the riders name I want Express pool always labled so I know they don't get door-to-door service when I have mix regular pool and express pool it's hard to keep track who's Express and who's not.Keep Express pool listed at all times throughout the journey wherever I look on the app I want Express next to the name. I don't know if I'm making any sense at this point .
You are making perfect sense but since you are talking Uber perfect sense makes no sense. I hope I make some cents today. But yes, label express and hammer into the head of any pax that books express that they have to go to the pin. Don't call me as I am pulling up to pin telling me to pick you up at your house.

BBslider001

LOL, what does red hair have to do with it?

My response to them has always been:

Uber you know your fare structure on Pool is illegal as hell. It's just a matter of time some Taxi lobbyist is going to sue you for it. Nobody in the industry gets to take in potentially four fares and pay the driver based on 1. I am sure you don't care since you spend the extra you make on pools to pay your lawyers anyway. Quit asking me every two months how I feel about pool.
I've never been asked. I feel left out and socially awkward.