Uber apps features

Fook

Hi everyone, I have a question as to the Uber app feature. I sometimes receive a request but with extra destination in the request. I do not know what the meaning on this. Sometimes I have another request for ‘extra 15 minutes destination’. What is the meaning and how to use this? Thanks in advance for any help

ANT 7

Is the app terminology using the word "STOP" or destination ? A stop is just that. You wait for 3 minutes while the rider does something, than carries on to the next destination.

Uber just launched a new feature this week where a rider can buy your time for $50 an hour, and do as many destinations in that time with you waiting, as they need to. It's not here in Canada yet, but they may be trying it out in your market. I don't know.

Just do the trip and see what happens.

Welcome to UP.net.

UberchickATL

Welcome to the forum. The pax requested an additional stop. Sometimes it’s to pick up an additional pax or pick up a quick item at a gas station and then drop them off at their final destination. I don’t mind these kind of stops. But sometimes they want to go to the store and shop while driver waits. I won’t do these type of stops but it’s up to you how to handle your business. Search the forum for tips on how to handle extra stop requests.

Fook

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My question was when I received a request , there was a prompt with ‘Extra Destination’ . Wonder what it meant?
Post automatically merged:

Sometimes the request comes with extra 15 minutes destination. What is this?

So you're in Australia (Perth). I'd suggest you pose your question on the appropriate location forum. AU has it's own section here.

As for your question, I've been driving 3+ years and have never seen the terminology on screen that you reference. I think it's likely specific to your market.

Do you have "multiple stops" referenced in your app ever? Seems likely to me that's what your "extra destination" terminology means here in the U.S. Have you accepted the requests that say Extra Destination? Were they different than typical requests?

Jst1dreamr

My question was when I received a request , there was a prompt with ‘Extra Destination’ . Wonder what it meant?
Post automatically merged:

Sometimes the request comes with extra 15 minutes destination. What is this?
It means decline or cancel the ride and move on to another ride that you will make money on.