Uber appreciation

Tiptop89

So when they say our Uber appreciation money will "go to your account" do they mean our Uber account or one of our payment methods on file because I kinda need to delegate what goes where ??

Halfmybrain

So when they say our Uber appreciation money will "go to your account" do they mean our Uber account or one of our payment methods on file because I kinda need to delegate what goes where ??
I would think it's going into the app, and they're going to make a big deal out of how generous they are
Post automatically merged:

I would think it's going into the app, and they're going to make a big deal out of how generous they are
PS it ain't in my app yet

janewalch

Who told you this!? I was told otherwise by rep
I was told that it would be available through instant pay from Uber rep as well.
It does say in the “learn more” section than it will be deposited through weekly deposit but they usually just say that “just in case” there’s a hiccup with the instant pay option.

Tiptop89

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It says so in the "learn more" section that yuu can click on.
I didn't read that it'll be deposited on the 29th anywhere when I went to the learn more portion the other day I'll check again....tbc

I didn't read that it'll be deposited on the 29th anywhere when I went to the learn more portion the other day I'll check again....tbc
Well you're absolutely right lol thanks I need to pay more attention

Enjoy the " HUSH" money.

No Trouble until AFTER I.P.O. !

Understand ???
I can care-less about it really it's comin at a time when I'm in dire need so I'll take it

Last edited:

wallae

Uber’s $40,000 Driver Awards Are a Marketing Gimmick
By
Brett Arends

Uber says it is handing out $300 million to its drivers as part of its IPO —and then hopes to sell them $270 million worth of stock.
It’s not a wash, but nearly.

The ride-hailing service, which on Friday announced new details of its forthcoming IPO, said it will be giving out “Driver appreciation awards” of up to $40,000, and the money will go out Saturday.
Drivers will only get the maximum $40,000 if they have completed a remarkable 40,000 rides on behalf of the company. Others will get lesser awards starting at $100. In total, it will pay $300 million to about 1.1 million drivers, for an average of about $273 per driver.

Meanwhile, Uber said it’s also setting aside 5.4 million shares, or about 3% of the IPO, to qualifying drivers. With an estimated IPO price of $50 per share, that comes to about $270 million.
A cynic might say the company has found a great way of subsidizing its own IPO while getting some terrific publicity.
At $50 per share, Uber would be valued at $84 billion. Last year it lost $3 billion from operations on revenues of $11 billion.

Halfmybrain

The money, like any other deposit into your Uber app (trips, tip, cleaning fees), is subject to optional Instant Payout ($0.50 charge for most of us) or if you don't touch it, it will slow-walk into your direct deposit at $0.00 charge. Just like every single week for every single penny, it's up to you.

Could it be that so many drivers operate under "the company is out to get me" cynicism, they even look for a way to make $100 (or more) deposts evil and manipulative. So they misinterpret fine print which describes in plain english (or legal english) the same thing that happens every week, out of every year.

That's the practical truth. I would recommend another thread to examine or theorize about business/timing motivations...which, by the way, are probably no more or less evil than when stores 'manipulate' you into Buying One, Getting One Free, or "entice" you into ordering something with free shipping, or "lure" you into the store with a great price on a gallon of milk.)