Uber Drivers Forum banner

Uber Application Process Change Nightmare... Is it worth it????

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  uberboy77 
#1 ·
Over 10 years ago, I went though an intersection in Canberra and was snapped by a red light camera. I did not have a fixed address at the time and had a conviction recorded against me in absence (based on the date of the offence and going overseas). On December 23, 2015 I went through the Uber Application process. The criminal background check came back 4 weeks later and it appeared. I was then advised that I could apply for a drivers authority card as the requirements were not a stringent. I went through this process and was advised that the card was issued on 19/02 - lost in the post. During this week, Uber contacted me to advise that they have changed their screening process requirements and that I am now able to reapply for Uber through their normal process (pay for another rta check) and wait more time for the criminal background check to reappear. Given the debacle, I am on the verge of seeking alternative work. As a part time driver whom intends on doing 10-15 hours per week during surge periods, is it worth it? I have seen many posts by Sydney drivers to suggest otherwise? Is it a better idea to do limo work? Feedback?

#4 ·
Uberlocked I can share with you my personal example...

I am also doing Uber part time as I have another full time job. I have recovered 20% of the cost of my car in the last 2 months driving only 2-3 days a week (12-15 hours).

I consider my income 50% of what Uber pays me in the bank. The rest 50% I assume goes to expenses, maintenance, tax, gst, etc.

My target is to recover 100% of my car cost from Uber income by the end of this year.

Hope it might give some sort of an idea.

So as steamboat farmer said, register for both but keep your focus on the other job. Not on Uber.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.