uber app update 7-27-15

AJUber

Uber update their app yesterday and besides makibg it worse and not putting in a tip feature ....wtf did they actually do???

Ok so did anyobe notice that when t he Ping comes in now the name has stop flashing...it only tells you the differnce. To be honest i want to see name and distance and rating . But it seems Uber can do basic things for their drivers. I will be honest and say before if i saw a hard to pronounce name or foreign name i would ignore it becuz its not worth the hassle or my rating hit....now i have to accept look at all the information then cancel quickly on the Pax....so in turn Uber @@@@s me again and gives me nothin in return as a tip feature...

Welcome to Uber ...

Sacto Burbs

You KNEW there was never going to be a tip feature.

And skipping a ping takes all of 15 seconds. Chill dude.

You are engaged in consensual f*****g.

I went up to Folsom this morning and SAT for an hour and a half from 7:30 a.m. without a single ping. Because there has been surge over the last few days. I'm the fool.

And your bigotry against people's name is inexplicable. I take every rider based entirely on their ratings 4.8 or 4.9. Only the white guys have been a pain

Last edited:

PT Go

Folsom has become over-saturated again. Not enough biz for that many drivers. Lyft is even worse.

AJUber

Everywhere is over saturated right now with Summer....hopefully it will end when school starts back up or some of these drivers stop when they realize its not profitable.

I have been doing Folsom less and less ...lucky i have some regulars

Fuzzyelvis

You KNEW there was never going to be a tip feature.

And skipping a ping takes all of 15 seconds. Chill dude.

You are engaged in consensual f*****g.

I went up to Folsom this morning and SAT for an hour and a half from 7:30 a.m. without a single ping. Because there has been surge over the last few days. I'm the fool.

And your bigotry against people's name is inexplicable. I take every rider based entirely on their ratings 4.8 or 4.9. Only the white guys have been a pain
I have to second that. Only add white women. I've had some real b******. Kicked one and her friends out. I actually haven't picked up many people who are non white but so far after 6 months I've only had one non white pax that wasn't polite and well behaved. And she and her friend were just loud and annoying which is nothing compared to some pax. Did have a very smelly black man who was very drunk but he was well behaved. The snoring was annoying though...lol.

The 3 times I have stopped and told folks to get out were all white parties. All entitled millenials. Surprise, surprise!

All told me I "couldn't do that". Funny that I did anyway. Followed by an email to Uber about their behavior. It's fun to see their faces though when they threaten your rating and you tell them you don't give a f*** because it's the last 500 averaged and won't hurt you anywhere near as much as it will hurt their rating since they probably don't have 500 rides.

AJUber

You know whats funny is that you are mad at me becuz i cancel on people becuz of there names. But Drivers cancel on people due to weight, smell, presence. But i cant cancel due to names i deem might be a problem. Hmm ok.

Sacto Burbs

Prejudice.

It is bad because it doesn't work. Just look at their rating. Try 5 names with 4.8 or 4.9 and tell me I'm wrong.

Jamal is always a guaranteed 5 star for me.

Amy is a waste of time, as is Dave. Hakim was terrific.

You are leaving long rides and good money from nice people the table.

Last edited:

Sacto Burbs

Folsom

I noticed the drivers hang out downtown Folsom 7.30 am and then fan out in a grid about 8am. Seems nicely organized.

AJUber

Most Folsomn or Eldorado Hills clients rarely leave the area . You might get Airport or Folsom to Down town Sac but its rare .

AJUber

For example if i get a folsom to sac....i move somewhere else. I dont do downtown . But not coming back up either .