• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber app issue - only destination address provided - no pickup point

Americanwmn

Anyone else have this problem. I drive part time and once in Hollywood, 3 times in Fort Lauderdale in the past two days, I get a ping, head to pickup point and find it is the destination and pax is waiting for me at an address the app did not provide.

By the 4th time, once I caught on to this, when I got the ping,I drove a few blocks and get message that pax wait time clock is starting. I pulled over and called pax to find out where they were. He gave me location and I drove to pick him up half a block away and clicked app for pickup and walla the destination address appears again - same as initial pickup address - and I take pax to spot.

Pax thanked me and tipped cash because he said the first Uber arrived at his house when Uber driver called to say he had arrived to pick him up. When it happened again with me he went back in the pub for another beer thinking he would have to walk home. But I found him once he told me where he was. A real glitch with the app!

BuberDriver

if the clock starts just stay put and collect the cancel fee after 5 minutes. not your fault app isn't working and pax isn't at location in app

Americanwmn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks....lost enough driving 25 minutes from point a to point b and losing out a fare because app not working right. That is what I will do BuberDriver

Basmati

The issue has been fixed. A lot of rides are only a couple miles though, so it would be hard to tell if you were being sent to the drop off location.

Americanwmn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You are so right, JimKE. Good observation.

In the moment was totally stupid thinking the whole 25 minute drive pax would cancel. He never did. It was a Sat afternoon and driving north was already my goal so was fine with the drive. I was suckered in. Would have cancelled. It was crazy. I arrived at the house and no pax came outside, so I called and he was where I started and told him to cancel..…. A lesson I would have anyway. The other pings were much closer to me so that's when I just knew this was getting worse rather than better. Glad it's all fixed. No more crazy the past few days. Just making money...dinero…moola....bolo....fedha! Cheers

Rakos

And they say monkeys are stupid...8>O

When will Uber start paying attention...

To driver issues that are occurring...???

After 5 years of driving for them...

The app issues are increasing...8>O

I guess you have to make national news...

To get an appropo response...8>}

And they think monkeys are dumb...

Maybe they should rethink AI...

ya think???

Rakos
gedc0022.jpg