Tags
app down uber
4K views 54 replies 34 participants last post by  JoyJonson 
#1 ·
World Azure Map Water Natural landscape
My peanuts!!!

See less See more
#7 ·
Just got a call from my rider, wondering if I'm still going to be coming for her. But I haven't accepted any rides since the blackout started. FUber is assigning me rides & auto-accepting them for me! She'd been waiting 15 minutes, so she decided to cancel. Maybe I'll get a cancelation fee out of this.

Time to drive for cash!
Cash is always KING.

#12 ·
It's not working in Dallas, either. I logged on, accepted several rides, received both texts and calls from angry pax wondering where I was after the app repeatedly stopped functioning. I told them the truth -- the app is not working, I can't navigate, nor identify who I'm supposed to pick up, or where they are.

I'm getting the global map, not the local one, and I can't see anything else other than the GO button.

I tried reinstalling the app, but no change, still not functional.

#20 ·
Same here in Alabama. Shows world map and blank head-shot. Says Online, but nothing happening.

Last night I had to use my backup phone because the navigation map got stuck on the location of my previous pickup. Then the backup phone app got stuck, so I could only navigate by using the list of turns. Eventually, both got straightened out.

Could a global outage like this be a central server malfunction, or a hack? Just wondering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.