• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber App Broken

BG1991

My app won't surge at all, it hasn't since Halloween except for a small blip after I contacted Uber about it. They told me it was an issue not only with my account but i guess throughout many drivers. I want to know if anybody else has had this problem and knows how to troubleshoot this.
They advised I sign out and back in I've done that deleted that app downloaded and still no surge. My app shows the surge icon as if it is one happening from time to time but I don't see the hexagons on the map showing where.

Nomad

Your app won't surge because there is no surge. This happens everywhere: the honeycomb comes, surge dwindles over the next few weeks and eventually completely disappears. Tally is lucky in the fact that game days will create a surge no matter what, but it won't ever be like it used to be. You might get a 10 minute window when the game lets out where it gets up to three point something.

Halloween was a completely different animal. An almost top 10 matchup coupled with Halloween and half the University of Alabama showing up in Tally (since they had a bye week) equaled demand that nobody really saw coming.

Then Uber overreacted and started offering promotions to get drivers out on the road and now there are way too many drivers out on the road and you're left with very little to no surge even at bar closing time.

Time for everyone to assess whether or not they're still making a profit at $1.05 a mile, $0.11 a minute, and two rides an hour. :rolleyes:

Nomad

Oh yeah...

I would have suggested using the passenger app to accurately assess surge areas and to make sure you're not bottled in by a ton of other drivers, but there's really no need to anymore.

tohunt4me

My app won't surge at all, it hasn't since Halloween except for a small blip after I contacted Uber about it. They told me it was an issue not only with my account but i guess throughout many drivers. I want to know if anybody else has had this problem and knows how to troubleshoot this.
They advised I sign out and back in I've done that deleted that app downloaded and still no surge. My app shows the surge icon as if it is one happening from time to time but I don't see the hexagons on the map showing where.
Don't worry.
Uber is being paid the surge.
You are not.