• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber and Lyft to increase prices?

imsam

Great less pax for us!

Saturation + Less pax = Out of business
It'll only reduce cheapos. Those who needs rides will still get rides. Uber is that addictive. And I want it to happen that way.

Everyone nowadays are requesting Uber when they could just walk for 10 mins. People are getting spoiled. Some people can't make rational decisions.

dmoney155

Great less pax for us!

Saturation + Less pax = Out of business
No, it will equalize itself. Whomever can weather the storm shall live on in uber prosperity.
Post automatically merged:

Your equation is off a bit ..

For the rideshare companies...
Saturation + less pax + higher fares = same revenue.

For the rideshare drivers..
Saturation + less pax + higher fares = less income.

The house still wins
Eeeexxxaaaacttttllllly.

Now who wants to partake in being a house and invests in uber stocks :smiles:

imsam

Your equation is off a bit ..

For the rideshare companies...
Saturation + less pax + higher fares = same revenue.

For the rideshare drivers..
Saturation + less pax + higher fares = less income.

The house still wins
I doubt the house will still get the same amount of revenue if they increase the price which causes less pax to use the app. This is the very reason why they decided to cater to the masses with Pool and Express Pool. They need bigger reach of the market in order to make more.

RideshareDog

I doubt the house will still get the same amount of revenue if they increase the price which causes less pax to use the app. This is the very reason why they decided to cater to the masses with Pool and Express Pool. They need bigger reach of the market in order to make more.
Exactly but it's not about earning more but about getting pax to use the app. It's why an unmatched poo or shared is still cheap. Why should it be? That's an x ride and should be charged an x rate They don't care about earnings they care about data.

Ube-ernized

[/
There probably be many other venues they can take to help them gain their losses , increasing prices isn’t one of them .. not as of yet at least.

Ube-ernized

True! But who is their customer? The one can’t afford or for whatever reason doesn’t like paying for a service they get.A very difficult customer lol

i_k

The last time Uber increased rates for UberX about 2 years ago it was by $0.01/km. And nothing since. If you’re expecting major changes don’t hold your breath...unless you’re at the shitter, of course.. :yuck:

Gone_in_60_seconds

Ya well a dollar increase won't turn off anyone.
And, if they increase the percentage of their business customers, they could increase prices without much repercussion. Remember Uber/Lyft are still 30-50% cheaper than a traditional crappy Taxi. They should be selling value to the business customer, instead catering to the cheap public transit users who are probably money losing customers using Pool, Express Pool and Shared.

westend

How about signing up the post office in my neck of the woods there are 10 taxis lined up at the post office delivering and picking up letter carriers every weekday.

Karl Marx

The last time Uber increased rates for UberX about 2 years ago it was by $0.01/km. And nothing since. If you’re expecting major changes don’t hold your breath...unless you’re at the shitter, of course.. :yuck:
This is certainly not going to amount to any more income for the rider, its' not the Uber way. Drivers may as well be sacks of potatoes behind the wheel.

Uber flop

It'll only reduce cheapos. Those who needs rides will still get rides. Uber is that addictive. And I want it to happen that way.

Everyone nowadays are requesting Uber when they could just walk for 10 mins. People are getting spoiled. Some people can't make rational decisions.
10 minutes? I had some spoiled millenial princess Gay guy go 538 metres on surge pricing to retrieve his car from a parking lot. He then forgets his keys in my car and calls me immediately asking me to drive back. I decline explain nicely to him that I am already with another customer and that it's busy/ surging if you want them returned immediately it will be $20. He took an uber to me after I dropped off the next customer off and tried to @@@@@ me out like the little queen he is. Put in a return claim and got the $15 immediately. Some ppl are ungrateful, honestly I am contemplating just throwing out found items from now on.