Uber and Lyft Drivers

Ian Hobbs

I have some questions for drivers that drive for both Uber and Lyft. In my area, Uber seems to be more popular (about 5:1 unless I'm near the airport then can only use Lyft), so I mainly only have the Uber app on constantly and then only turn the Lyft app on when im waiting for an Uber ping. My question is do you guys just keep both apps on at the same time constantly or do you do what I do and turn them on and off once you get a ping from the other? Sometimes I forget to turn one of them off and then either miss a ping or have to decline. Do you pick just one app to turn on each day and just roll with it?

HotUberMess

I have some questions for drivers that drive for both Uber and Lyft. In my area, Uber seems to be more popular (about 5:1 unless I'm near the airport then can only use Lyft), so I mainly only have the Uber app on constantly and then only turn the Lyft app on when im waiting for an Uber ping. My question is do you guys just keep both apps on at the same time constantly or do you do what I do and turn them on and off once you get a ping from the other? Sometimes I forget to turn one of them off and then either miss a ping or have to decline. Do you pick just one app to turn on each day and just roll with it?
People who drive both generally roll with both on but not everyone drives both.

Reactions: MHR

SoFlaDriver

Keep both on when idle, try to remember to go offline on one when I accept a ping on the other (but inevitably, when one pings, the other often does almost immediately, while I'm engaged with trying to navigate to the pickup).

It doesn't matter really. Just let it time out, or actively decline. I don't know that either platform really penalizes you for declining trips (but to be safe, I do go offline as soon as I can).

lyftandseparate

I agree with SoFlaDriver but I would also throw in the extra caveat for Lyft trips: always treat a Lyft ride as your last ride. Lyft automatically adds people to your queue if you remain online during a ride unlike Uber who lets you choose to stack pings. In my area that next ride might be 15-20 mins away and then it looks like a cancel instead of a decline.

NOXDriver

Every market is different. I use both. Some cities are 80% Uber, the next city 10 miles away could be 80% Lyft.

Use both, make more money.

Keep both on and use Mystro to turn on/off

I have a 5 year old Galaxy S4 upgraded to Andriod 5.0.1 and do not use any third party app. Lyft is super easy to go offline (just drag the icon to the overlay that says 'go offline'. Uber is a little more difficult (like 3 presses instead of 1) but still less than 3 seconds.

Reactions: MHR

Italianrick

I keep both on. When I get a pingon one I shut the other off. I've tried mystro,Maximo and autoswitch and all three sometimes forgets to shut off the other app also sometimes doesn't turn the other app back on. So I just do it myself I've gotten pretty good at it. Can do it in a couple of seconds.

UberBeemer

I tried the third party app but it wasnt that good on my old phone. I got a pay as you go phone, cheap pkan, cheap android, to use for lyft. I have been happy with that setup. Running both on one phone, i find Uber wants to be in the foreground, or will time itself out and take you offline.

Steve_TX

• I drive both platforms.
  • Uber usually has more rides, about 4:1, but sometimes Lyft switches it up and is has a majority of my rides. Because of stacked pings? Maybe.
  • I have both apps online when I'm waiting for a ping. When I accept a ping, I go into the other app, and turn it offline myself. It is quicker and more reliable than 3rd party apps that attempt to do it. Very easy, not tricky or complex at all.

henrygates

I keep both on with 2 phones. Lyft is 10% of business on a good day, so it's on the second tethered phone.

Uber phone on the left of the steering wheel, Lyft on the right. Makes it super easy to juggle both.

Ubersinger

I'll run both split screen on a galaxy, and shut off the other offending app when the first one pings. Sometimes They come in at the same time and i take the best, read the closer one usually.

I drive both U and L. I drive in Cleveland and deliberately wait until I’m out of my home market and into Cleveland area then I turn both apps on.

First one to ping wins. If lyft is running a streak bonus then I run lyft til I fulfill that bonus.

That was the case tonight. Hit for two streaks and picked up an extra $30 on top of the ride fares.

TDR

Keep both on when idle, try to remember to go offline on one when I accept a ping on the other (but inevitably, when one pings, the other often does almost immediately, while I'm engaged with trying to navigate to the pickup).

It doesn't matter really. Just let it time out, or actively decline. I don't know that either platform really penalizes you for declining trips (but to be safe, I do go offline as soon as I can).
Practicing,experience and time make driver not to forget switching, turn off or intuition accept best pick up.

Keep both on and use Mystro to turn on/off
Mystro not needed. As long you know what to do. Good luck

People who drive both generally roll with both on but not everyone drives both.
:-)

cool:-)

I keep both on with 2 phones. Lyft is 10% of business on a good day, so it's on the second tethered phone.

Uber phone on the left of the steering wheel, Lyft on the right. Makes it super easy to juggle both.
For money it’s easy. Got to keep two phones. Why spending extra $100 monthly. thought about many time. Acceptence rate???? I don’t care!!! $1200 a year. For what????

Usually turn off one when I arrive at ping location for the other.

Sometimes Lyft really pissed me off, so I will leave them on constantly and ignore their pings. Makes me feel better about putting up with their crap.
Don’t stress out!!! Find the way!!! Win is yours!!!

I drive both U and L. I drive in Cleveland and deliberately wait until I’m out of my home market and into Cleveland area then I turn both apps on.

First one to ping wins. If lyft is running a streak bonus then I run lyft til I fulfill that bonus.

That was the case tonight. Hit for two streaks and picked up an extra $30 on top of the ride fares.
First win it’s cool. Than run promotion is waste of time??? Why promotion invented???

I'll run both split screen on a galaxy, and shut off the other offending app when the first one pings. Sometimes They come in at the same time and i take the best, read the closer one usually.
That cool. Close is better, less fuel(dead miles). Also pay attention on rating!!! Those apps running rating, let it be!!!!

scarmac

I'm beginning to hate mystro... it keeps turning me back on after I turn it off... rins my acceptance rating...I have to restart the phone to kill al three and then I turn U/L back on I tried disabling auto accept and it still gives me calls after I turn it off

Clothahump

I have both on, then when I get a ping, I turn the other off. Well, hopefully, I remember to.

Uber was running about 8 to 1 here in Houston, but lately, Uber pings are wayyyy down. The only problem is the Lyft jerks who cancel almost immediately after I accept the ride.

TDR

I'm beginning to hate mystro... it keeps turning me back on after I turn it off... rins my acceptance rating...I have to restart the phone to kill al three and then I turn U/L back on I tried disabling auto accept and it still gives me calls after I turn it off
As human and memory(brain) owner don't use it. Strategy come as you choose/think/do, not mystro. It’s same away you get to destination quickly by not using gps.