1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber and Drivers

Discussion in 'Advice' started by ThatOneGirl, Jan 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ThatOneGirl

ThatOneGirl New Member

just was curious how often, uber checks up on their drivers.

I have a friend currently driving for uber under someone else's account. She's using her mothers account (because her mom has recently become disabled)

Just curious how much trouble she can get in, or even if uber pays attention?

I don't see a big deal, hell shes dedicated and makes uber some money, and puts in quiet a bit of hours. Would just hate to see her face some trouble especially when the drivers license on file and the profile pic are sorta different.

Just curious so I can warn her.

2. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Risk of deactivation.
    Why doesn't her mother refer her daughter and both of them would earn the referral bonus.
    As for uber caring, yes they do care. If something happens on the road with a passenger, ubers insurance wouldn't be liable because their insurance covers her mom and not her.

3. Go4

Go4 Well-Known Member

When she is involved in an accident, she would be found out as NOT being the authorized Uber driver. It wouldn't matter who was at fault for the accident.
    Daughter Drive says "Officer here is my DL (Daughter Driver), and here is my proof of insurance (Uber, James River for Mother Driver)." Officer, "This isn't your proof of insurance. You and your passenger will have to come with me."

Do you think Uber's insurance would cover the accident? No.
    Do you think her own insurance company would cover her? No and they would drop her.

The other party to the accident would then sue both mother and daughter, bankrupting them both.

Just not worth the risks. Have her get her own account.

mrpjfresh and Sgt_PaxHauler like this.
  4. Karen Stein

Karen Stein Well-Known Member

About once a month Uber has me pull over and take my pic in a "random" ID check.

Woodbury77 likes this.
  5. Squirming Like A Toad

Squirming Like A Toad Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    They just want to see what you're wearing.

Regarding the OP, that's crazy, why not just sign up to be a driver? I'm assuming she is eligible.

6. yojimboguy

yojimboguy Well-Known Member

I'm assuming she's using her mother's account because she's NOT eligible, for any of a thousand reasons.

Besides what's mentioned above, there could be trouble not only for her, but for Mom too.

7. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    I have a friend receiving gov't asst under someone else's name. Fraud and identity theft are no big deal. I don't see a big deal either with dead people voting. As Go4 stated you don't want to find out the hard way.
    This is not driving your friend to the store. This is commercial driving for hire. The rules and consequences are 10 fold.

circle1 and Blackout 702 like this.
  8. PTUber

PTUber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Me as well.

9. Woodbury77

Woodbury77 Active Member

Had it happen Saturday night when I was starting my "shift". Bad idea by the way, tell your friends she's not very smart and should get her own account.

10. TheWanderer

I figure that is the reason but they did not say that, so I did not want to jump to any conclusions.

11. Fishchris

Fishchris Well-Known Member

Duh..... Ok.... I'm ret@rded, so i believe that.....

12. Fishchris

I want somebody from Uber to pull me over for a random check, so i can tell them to suck my balls .... BS job that it is... Do me a favor and deactivate me !

Uber definitely needs fewer "top rated" drivers like myself !

13. TheWanderer

What she meant was that in order to go online she had to verify that it was her by facial recognition. They make you take a picture of yourself to match the picture in the profile.

14. Fishchris

Okay I suppose that's a little bit easier to believe.... mostly because they could do that from some obscure sweatshop half way around the planet. ..
    But for Uber to have an actual human being out driving around trying to intercept drivers while they were logged on seems extremely unlikely....

15. Jufkii

Jufkii Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It's possible to take a picture of a bot? How does that work?

TheWanderer likes this.
  16. ThatOneGirl

ThatOneGirl New Member

I talked her out of it and she's getting her own account :)

17. TheWanderer

Make sure you let her know she can collect that referral bonus from her mom.