Pat K

Has anyone had any problem with being approved and then getting your background re-ran and being denied? I was approved about a year ago, started driving and then about two weeks ago the put my account on hold to re-run my background. I thought nothing of it...then they came back to me and declined me. Initially I was declined because I renewed my license so I had to provide proof that I had it for over a year, which I did. They then re-ran it and declined me due to unacceptable violations within the past seven years. I have two violations, both minor (Rolling a stop sign and speeding under 10mph). I am not sure how I was accepted and declined with no new violations since my last background check. Has this happened to anyone else? Going back and forth with Uber is like pulling teeth.

Thank you for the responses!

gooberMike

Might be a sign from above to not drive anymore. Are you going through the same bs with Lyft?

EDIT: the hipster cubbie kinda looks like the face of the satan worshipping bear on South Park.

seanD

Yeah, I've heard of this. I think there is a law firm that's investigating this. Apparently Checkr is really shady.

Scurvy

Might be a sign from above to not drive anymore. Are you going through the same bs with Lyft?

EDIT: the hipster cubbie kinda looks like the face of the satan worshipping bear on South Park.
That is "Joe Maddon" Bear

Pat K

Is there really seanD? I finally received an email back from Checkr telling me they cannot help and to contact Uber to "Get my questions answered by an expert". This is getting very comical lol

GlenviewKid

With two violations of that nature they are right to not let you drive on the platform. You could hurt people by ignoring signs that stay "STOP" and the ones that post the speed limit. The system works in this case.

indytd

I really like the ones in Park Ridge that say "Stop means stop." It's like they are talking to a teenage Hillary.

lakersfan1

I really like the ones in Park Ridge that say "Stop means stop." It's like they are talking to a teenage Hillary.

But Hillary's a native Razorback. Oh, wait. Or is she a native New Yorker? I can't keep it straight.

Pat K

With two violations of that nature they are right to not let you drive on the platform. You could hurt people by ignoring signs that stay "STOP" and the ones that post the speed limit. The system works in this case.
If you're serious I feel bad for you. :'-(

WestSubDriver

If the system says two violations in the last seven years is a disqualifier than Uber is going to have a problem getting and keeping enough drivers.

Scurvy

Like you never rolled a stop sign and drove faster than the limit. Hope your post was in jest.