Uber = Amazon. ?????

dmoney155

I doubt they'll turn profit even with robo cars. Cuz let's face it, they don't pay drivers that much. Most of the money driver gets goes into the car usage. With robo car they just eliminate the human cost, but will get doomed with all the cost of getting fleet, maintaining it, charging it, cleaning it, and so on that they don't have now.

Uberchampion

I doubt they'll turn profit even with robo cars. Cuz let's face it, they don't pay drivers that much. Most of the money driver gets goes into the car usage. With robo car they just eliminate the human cost, but will get doomed with all the cost of getting fleet, maintaining it, charging it, cleaning it, and so on that they don't have now.
The fact is, many companies including Ford, Tesla, Google and maybe Apple are getting into the autonomous taxi industry. Uber has been mismanaged and their brand is tarnished. They will be around for a while but they will eventually fade away when the big boys start to play.

Karl Marx

The fact is, many companies including Ford, Tesla, Google and maybe Apple are getting into the autonomous taxi industry. Uber has been mismanaged and their brand is tarnished. They will be around for a while but they will eventually fade away when the big boys start to play.
I concur about the mismanagement of the logistic and most notably the brand damage. Testa with its semi-autonomous drive features is collecting data everyday that completely usurps the fraction of the data that Tesla's drivers collect for the company for free. Perhaps at one time Uber may have had a similar trajectory to Amazon but I would argue Kalanick lost that moment when they let a non attentive driver run down that poor woman in Arizona. So the race is really on between Tesla and Google. To a lesser extent companies like QNX may provide software services to the 2 front runners. Being inattentive to drivers earnings and passenger security was also a huge stumble. If people think Uber is a potential unicorn they may want to rethink this poorly put together IPO. Putting lipstick on this pig certainly won't be fooling me.

Uberchampion

I concur about the mismanagement of the logistic and most notably the brand damage. Testa with its semi-autonomous drive features is collecting data everyday that completely usurps the fraction of the data that Tesla's drivers collect for the company for free. Perhaps at one time Uber may have had a similar trajectory to Amazon but I would argue Kalanick lost that moment when they let a non attentive driver run down that poor woman in Arizona. So the race is really on between Tesla and Google. To a lesser extent companies like QNX may provide software services to the 2 front runners. Being inattentive to drivers earnings and passenger security was also a huge stumble. If people think Uber is a potential unicorn they may want to rethink this poorly put together IPO. Putting lipstick on this pig certainly won't be fooling me.
I think the only reason uber is going to IPO is the original investors want out.

Another round of funding won't work so they will now fleece the public.

If you think about how unscrupulous Uber has been about their business practices there is no way they want to open themselves up for real oversight unless the board wants to cash out