Uber always takes too much!

uberpeps

$20.79 vs $37.79
Come on !!!

2.4x (Beverly Hills to Santa Monica) @ 6:15pm

Screenshot_20170914-185222.png

Should have taken the long route (took the uber suggested route) & got hosed again! What f'n routes are they billing out... I want that route!

But.... at least got a 2.0x+ surge for a change

uberpeps

You received $21 out of $38 - you got more than 50%, which is saying a lot considering many rides you've done probably have more than 50% taken out of the full fee the pax paid

Nope, it's X

Correcf It's X

They took 42% of fare + 2.10 booking fee.
Or... 45.1% of rider payment.

20170914_204720.png

But yes... they usually take a huge chunk, just saying it's crap... but we do it anyways for some reason... I absolutely hate upfront pricing!
The rider thinks driver getting 40 bucks for a 30mim (8mile ride).... hence usually no tip.. if they realized uber was splitting 50/50 they would be upset or maybe tip drivers more because they know they are getting hosed~~~~¤

Toonces-the-cat

This is how Uber can increase profits. Drivers agreed to accept payment for miles and time. That's it. Uber is free to charge the pax what ever they want.

goneubering

$20.79 vs $37.79
Come on !!!

2.4x (Beverly Hills to Santa Monica) @ 6:15pm

View attachment 158163

Should have taken the long route (took the uber suggested route) & got hosed again! What f'n routes are they billing out... I want that route!

But.... at least got a 2.0x+ surge for a change

Not always. I had one rider recently where I got paid more than Uber got. They had a net loss on that ride.

tohunt4me

This is how Uber can increase profits. Drivers agreed to accept payment for miles and time. That's it. Uber is free to charge the pax what ever they want.
Uber CUTS RATES 4 TIMES !

NOW THEY WANT TO WORRY ABOUT LOWERING LOSS ?

( they may Never make a profit. They seem determined that Drivers never profit also !)

WMUber

uberpeps Uber no longer "Takes" anything. On May 22, 2017, you agreed, as an independent contractor, to work for a rate of $0.675 per mile and $0.1125 per minute. You didn't even agree to boost or surge. In the agreement, Uber "May" pass along increases from promotions or market conditions.

The best thing for you to do is review in Google Maps and/or Waze for the longest route that takes the same time. That usually means detouring to a freeway route with more miles.

ivypiked

I feel sorry for the pax. I would've taken a taxi.

Attachments

• IMG_8721.PNG
    IMG_8721.PNG
    51.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_8722.PNG
    IMG_8722.PNG
    22.7 KB · Views: 62

uberpeps

uberpeps Uber no longer "Takes" anything. On May 22, 2017, you agreed, as an independent contractor, to work for a rate of $0.675 per mile and $0.1125 per minute. You didn't even agree to boost or surge. In the agreement, Uber "May" pass along increases from promotions or market conditions.

The best thing for you to do is review in Google Maps and/or Waze for the longest route that takes the same time. That usually means detouring to a freeway route with more miles.

Yes I read & understood the terms when i clicked OK...

But as a passenger quite often I just not sure how they are calculating the rates. Which route and why are they picking?
How do they estimate time?
How do they estimate distance?
They always seem to pick a route that makes no logical sense.

If drivers need to go out of the way for a longer route to get to same amount... as a passenger, I feel i am being cheated. I click and agree to a fare that is based on set variables (time/distance). Sure a driver can drive faster or slower, but the distance should be close.

How do I communicate to the driver that I want to take the exact route I paid for (miles)?

Why does the estimated uber route, 99 out of 100 times, not match that of the route taken by the driver?

They base calculations on some crazy traffic algorithm that is suppose to be done by them guessing traffic conditions I have been told. Why are they always wrong.... when I find google maps pretty damn close to perfect most of the times when I drive a route they give. Does that much really change in the 5 minutes or less time it takes for a driver to pickup a passenger?

Sorry for the rant.... just rambling

ego7

Can't win them all, wasnt able to long haul your ass on this one Uber, well played.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170915-210527.png
    Screenshot_20170915-210527.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20170915-185408.png
    Screenshot_20170915-185408.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20170915-185455.png
    Screenshot_20170915-185455.png
    15 KB · Views: 40

LA Dispatcher

Can't win them all, wasnt able to long haul your ass on this one Uber, well played.
Did one to Loews Hotel from LAX. I've always suspected they charged the most expensive route of the 3 options Google maps normally gives you. I could have taken the 405 to 101 because it was only 5 minutes slower but took fast track since the pax knew the eta already. I got there about 15 minutes faster. Got $59 while the rider paid $96, which was based on the 405 route.

Last edited:

goneubering

Did one to Loews Hotel from LAX. I've always suspected they charged the most expensive route of the 3 options Google maps normally gives you. I could have taken the 405 to 101 because it was only 5 minutes slower but took fast track since the pax knew the eta already. I got there about 15 minutes faster. Got $59 while the rider paid $96, which was based on the 405 route.

Very interesting info.