Inshur

Uber alternative

So uber might lose the leince to oporate in London I just had my uber account activaited all I need is a car so know is there any point to get a car? Are there any companies like uber to work for that we work the hours we want and days?

So uber might lose the leince to oporate in London I just had my uber account activaited all I need is a car so know is there any point to get a car? Are there any companies like uber to work for that we work the hours we want and days?

If I was you I'd go with Drover for the car, as they offer a weekly rolling rental on PCO cars.

Worst comes to worst Uber loses the appear and you have at most 1 weeks car rent to pay at that point, rather than a long rental or car finance. Just set aside one weeks rental then you're covered.

Hmm, section 26 says:

(2)This section does not apply in relation to a decision to suspend, vary or revoke a licence if the notice of suspension, variation or revocation directs that, in the interests of public safety, the decision is to have immediate effect.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/34/section/26

That sub-section only applies to suspension, variation or revocation of a licence which is not what happened to uber.

Robertino

It will carry on operating after 30th. I just saw message on Uber drivers app which says TFL has confirmed they can carry on operating after 30th/during appeal.