Uber Airport FIFO...actual zone.

NCRBILL

I'm not in SD, but our airport queue works the same. I've learned not to worry about the timeout. Usually what happens is that everyone else in the queue will also ignore the ping. You get tossed to the back of the line, but if you just wait 5 minutes, everyone else gets booted too and you'll be back in front quickly.
Not here. You would be surprised how many take each and every ping no matter what.

Borislav Boychinov

Got a ping while waiting at SAN today for Pool located at the Town and County hotel at Camino del rio N 19 mins away. I wonder how many people skipped that from there all the way to SAN to actually receive such a nonsense. Of course i skipped it, got another one X from the rental center behind thr airport which i skipped too and got 3rd one again from the rental center. That 3rd one I decided to get and it was a lovely Brasilian family going to CBX :biggrin:

Poopy54

Got a San from my starting point in City Heights, AM surge 1.7x
dropped her off and was in the que 11-20, at the light to come in 1-10 pull in and get pinged to Habor, skipped it, and then another to Lanning, took it cuz I didnt want to get kicked back.
She was going to SAN, end of ride she put 10 spot in my box and said sorry for short ride, cleared her and was still 1-10, on way out got a Sheraton call, he was going to SAN too, dropped him, was still 1-10 got another call to T-1, got him and went down to border, weird turn of events

UberEsq

dropped her off and was in the que 11-20, at the light to come in 1-10 pull in and get pinged to Habor, skipped it, and then another to Lanning, took it cuz I didnt want to get kicked back.
She was going to SAN, end of ride she put 10 spot in my box and said sorry for short ride, cleared her and was still 1-10, on way out got a Sheraton call, he was going to SAN too, dropped him, was still 1-10 got another call to T-1, got him and went down to border, weird turn of events
Life (and Uber) is like a box of chocolates...

2Peaks

Got a ping while waiting at SAN today for Pool located at the Town and County hotel at Camino del rio N 19 mins away. I wonder how many people skipped that from there all the way to SAN to actually receive such a nonsense. Of course i skipped it, got another one X from the rental center behind thr airport which i skipped too and got 3rd one again from the rental center. That 3rd one I decided to get and it was a lovely Brasilian family going to CBX :biggrin:
We must have been at SAN at same time. I was at SAN at 20-30 having a snack. Got a ping for near Fort Stockton with a 1.3 surge. Ignored it because I didn't think 10 minute drive was worth it. Then got a ping for Rental Car. Ignored that one too. Next one was Vacation Isle, not a long ride but it led to a series of rides with minimal dead miles.

Borislav Boychinov

Good job :smiles: I love the shorties around SAN because you don't lose your spot at the Q :biggrin:

2Peak, next time come and say hi :smiles: I am the only person in San Diego driving a black 2017 Chrysler Pacifica for Uber. Can't miss it.

Last edited: