Inshur

Uber advert radio

dsd

This might be old but:
I just heard radio ad for recruiting new drivers, apparently every one is 333 miles from booking a holiday, 288 miles from paying the mortgage etc..

soTuga

Technically you can buy a house with Uber income, just that it won't be in the uk n won't be made from bricks or wood.
A dogs house you can buy.
In the past months I went on holidays, bought a house, opened a restaurant and paid a deposit on a nice red Ferrari, drove over 500 miles each week, and I don't pay tax on board games money left over.

uberR

Not that I like Uber or anything but they are actually saying "XXX miles closer to ..." which isn't misleading in itself but people can make the wrong assumption or hear it wrong and assume that they are not far off from achieving their dreams! Also the lady at the end says "help fund" which implies Uber income on top of another income but again people not listening closely or some can assume wrong in thinking driving for Uber alone will fulfil all their dreams!

Obviously the veteran drivers on here or anyone that can calculate correctly will know currently driving solely for Uber is not a great job or a money earner.

soTuga

Not that I like Uber or anything but they are actually saying "XXX miles closer to ..." which isn't misleading in itself but people can make the wrong assumption or hear it wrong and assume that they are not far off from achieving their dreams! Also the lady at the end says "help fund" which implies Uber income on top of another income but again people not listening closely or some can assume wrong in thinking driving for Uber alone will fulfil all their dreams!

Obviously the veteran drivers on here or anyone that can calculate correctly will know currently driving solely for Uber is not a great job or a money earner.
Exactly, if makes people assume that it's that easy, it's misleading them. This is directed at people with low income that would need a second job - no amount of driving can get you to buy a £300k+ 1bed flat in London.

uberR

That's what good marketing is, get your message across without breaking any laws, I'm not saying its morally right but in the business sense it works. Same with the Brexit battle bus they did a similar thing.

uberx2

The language and tone of that advert (and their new videos) gives the listener the impression that Uber is something you can do as and when you feel like it to get a bit of extra cash. They fail to mention that you'll need about £400 in fares before you start to earn any money. If they are recruiting drivers to the industry on the basis that its a part-time job you can do to get a bit of extra cash those drivers are going to be extremely disappointed. Not only that but they will end up doing a lot more hours than they intended which will mean more drivers working for more hours chasing the same fares as you. Don't know why they keep getting away with this - its extremely misleading.
Just like when Jo says 'our drivers take home £x' Yes that's £x before they deduct any expenses or tax. The phrase 'take home' has always meant what you take home after your tax and expenses are paid, but not in Uberland it seems.

UberLuxbod

That's what good marketing is, get your message across without breaking any laws, I'm not saying its morally right but in the business sense it works. Same with the Brexit battle bus they did a similar thing.
It didn't actually say £350million would go to the NHS on the Bus.

Most people who were upset about that, or at least pretending to be upset during the interview, had likely not read it or seen it but we're relying on Press reports about what they wanted people to think it said.

That is the kind of tactics the Government and Press have been using for years to convince people the EU is anything but a autocratic system were a small number of the Elite can dictate everything that happens in Europe.

They work in one building for a few days a month, spend millions a year packing everything up in boxes and moving everything to another huge building to operate for the rest of the month only to move back to the other building and so the merry go round continues.

uberR

It didn't actually say £350million would go to the NHS on the Bus.
Yes I know, but honestly tell me. They didn't write it in a way to imply that?

We send 350m to eu...
Next line
Let's fund our nhs instead..

I am sure u will agree politicians will use whatever tactics they can to get the results they want. Likewise businesses will use marketing methods that will get results.