1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber Adelaide driver partners: are you putting yourself at risk driving for uberX?

Discussion in 'Adelaide' started by WAKE UP AUSTRALIA, Sep 12, 2015.

1. WAKE UP AUSTRALIA

WAKE UP AUSTRALIA Member

Uber Adelaide driver partners: are you putting yourself at risk driving for uberX?

Uber Adelaide are recruiting new drivers for its uberX service. These drivers deserve fair warning as to how Uber operates, and the realities of uberX driving.

I suggest prospective drivers browse the other Australian cities in UberPeople.Net in order to gain insight into how Uber Australia operates. I also strongly recommend you read through the relevant postings in the Community, Garage, and Information sections of the forum. I believe you will find the News section particularly informative.

Other forum members might like to leave other useful links and news articles which more fully explain the nature of Uber and the realities of uberX driving.

Perhaps I might lead by example.

Here is a link to Uber's Transportation Provider Service Agreement. I strongly suggest that people interested in learning about Uber read through this document carefully.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/voea7ngp2fyl5ed/Transportation%20Provider%20Service%20Agreement-4.pdf?dl=0

Paragraph 4 of the document states "You are an independent transportation provider who offers rideshare or P2P transportation services, which business you are authorized to conduct in the state(s) in which you operate."

As at today (September 13th, 2015), there is no state or territory in Australia where driving for uberX is a legal activity. Drivers on the system in Australia are operating an illegal taxi service. Illegal activities are not 'authorised', they are in fact prohibited.

This would seem to negate any contract that you have with Uber. If this is the case, are Uber in fact bound to honour any verbal promises made to you? Verbal reassurances from Uber Adelaide will count for little should any form of dispute arise.

Drivers, read your documentation. You are putting yourself at extreme risk, for little return. Review your Service Agreement, then seek legal advice. If you are unsure of anything, stop driving. The risks that you and all uberX drivers take are just too great. Do not trust Uber to provide you with accurate information.

I hope to update this post forum from time to time, informing people as to current state of play of uberX in Adelaide. I invite others to do the same. Many hands make light work.

Wake Up Australia.

prk likes this.
  2. Broc

Broc New Member

Zzzzz

Who is John Galt? likes this.
  3. prk

prk Well-Known Member

And watch out for the PTB. you must have an appropriate licence to drive people for money in this state. I uber blacked for a while, as i already have a chauffeur licence, uber black was however operating illegally at the time. The PTB used undercover riders to catch uber drivers. I was one of those caught.
    There is no reason that they wont do it again with uber x.

4. Instyle

Instyle Moderator Moderator

Curious what the breach was?

For Uberblack you would need the appropriate vehicle licensing and commercial insurance coupled with the drivers license that allows you to drive for an operator?

5. prk

prk Well-Known Member

i have all that, and i drive for an operator. In south australia, all hire car bookings must go through a registered booking office, which uber didnt have at the time. The ptb wanted to go after uber, thats how they did it.

6. UberNow

UberNow Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    They caught you. So what happened then?

Who is John Galt? likes this.