1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

uber adding 10000 more partners in chicago

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by pri8t, Sep 11, 2015.

1. pri8t

pri8t

there is already too many driver out there, how is anyone gonna make any more with so much more new driver, those who lease the car from uber are going to feel this in their pocket.

2. Old Man in a Hat

Old Man in a Hat

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber may be getting near the bottom of the barrel when it comes to driver recruiting. The business model depends on a inexhaustible supply of drivers to offset the incredibly high attrition rate. As Uber becomes more dominant in the market more folks become aware of its serious defects. I expect to see considerable pushback by the end of this year.

fuber305, uberwerx and litentite like this.
  3. Oh My

Oh My

They're all females recruited with incentives and blacks in "underserved" areas recruited with weekly car leases. That's all Uber has left in $hitcago.

The **** will hit the fan by the end of this year when those two protected classes claim exploitation and discrimination over the rating system.

4. Chicago-uber

Chicago-uber

Good. Let them hire 100000 drivers for all I care. Let the quality dwindle. Let the complaints against these creepy drivers mount. Let the Tyrone pick up Ashleigh from lake view in his 2001 Buick with 22 inch rims.. lol. Pretty soon city will kick uberx out of Chicago. Let the professionals such as taxi drivers and livery drivers deal with it. Uberx can keep their college kids and drunk skunks during late nights.

I'm in process of transitioning to livery. I still haven't decided if I want to do uber black or go work for livery company. I'm actually looking forward to making more than $0.90 per mile. And I bet my car smiled when I told her she'll be taking a break from ubering :)

bobper and Oh My like this.
  5. Chicago-uber

Chicago-uber

I honestly don't understand why uberx is going towards the bottom of barrel drivers. They should make rates around $1.30 a mile, incorporate a tip, keep high standard for car.. No older than 2012, and no compact cars.. And trust me, they would have no shortage of drivers who will provide top notch service.

bobper and 331303 like this.
  6. Old Man in a Hat

Old Man in a Hat

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber isn't concerned with top notch service. Uber is concerned with offering low rates in large volume until it can replace all drivers with self driving cars. It's clear that there's a large market that will tolerate a low level of service if the price is low as well. They'll be *****ing about Uber the way they ***** about taxis but they'll ride anyway. As long as potential drivers are hoodwinked by Uber's earnings claims, Uber's got what it wants.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    everythingsuber, Sonyaa and bobper like this.
  7. S_hicago

S_hicago

Funny thing is that self driving cars (which I don't believe will become prevalent in my lifetime, but that's a different argument) will require rates high enough to maintain. The'll have to raise rates to support their own cars and will see what people complained about. :)

Unless of course they continue to subsidize losses on the backs of non-self-driving cars.

But on topic, the wisecrack about how women and minorities will scream about being taken advantage of is something I thought about before this thread. Want them to raise rates? Slip word to Jessie about how Uber is taking advantage of underprivileged folks by providing a business model in which they lose money by not being educated enough to calculate the hidden expenses.

Play the race card and watch **** change :p. I can see the headline "Uber's business model makes money by stealing the equity of the underprivileged"

Who wants to anonymously start writing Jessie?

Also, I'm not that Jaded yet, and I still believe it's possible to make a little extra money as long as you are careful. I'm just playing along with the overall sentiment of these boards.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    POMilton, everythingsuber and Oh My like this.
  8. Old Man in a Hat

Old Man in a Hat

Driving:
    UberX
    It's not playing the race card if Uber is exploiting deprived populations who have few options for earning a decent living. Self driving cars won't have any driver associated costs. That creates a huge incentive for Uber since even with vehicle expenses there's a significant portion of revenue that accrues to Uber. By the way, why wouldn't you have the guts to communicate with Jesse Jackson in the open?

9. Oh My

Oh My

It's playing the race card if Whitey et al was exposed to the same Uber bull****, lies and exploitation long before them yet didn't call it blacksploitation and call up all community activists.

But it's comin' you just watch. Rosie, Oprah, Ellen, Cher and Madonna will be having shows about this abuse too.

tohunt4me likes this.
  10. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    You are all pawns. Uber wants to be the cheapest so they undermine the taxi industry. Once they do they will replace all UberX with self driving cars. You are all contributing to a massive unemployment industry loss. Once all drivers are replaced, they will dominate the market and prices will sore to please shareholders.
    The day will come when travelers will say "how come I can't get a cheap taxi anymore?"
    *They don't care how many pawns fall during this game. Turnover rate will be massive. New drivers (desperate) will replace the ones fed up with this game. Passengers complaints will skyrocket. They don't care, not about you or the users. They want "checkmate".

POMilton, uberwerx and pri8t like this.
  11. Realityshark

Realityshark

Uber will cut the rates and tell you lower rates equals more fares for you. Anyone who leased a car from Uber is insane and will have to work 80 hours per week to break even.

Uber On!

75drive likes this.
  12. Old Man in a Hat

Old Man in a Hat

Driving:
    UberX
    Maybe we need to recognize that this kind of exploitation works against most of us regardless of ethnicity, even if some folks are impacted more severely than others.

POMilton and LarryA like this.
  13. Oh My

Oh My

Oh ****ing please. We have a black president. Haven't you heard?

I can tell you one thing for sure. Those cars Uber will be leasing on a WEEKLY basis to the "underserved" in Chicago are going to be used for robbing, looting, shooting and maiming on the north side. They no longer have to take the 24/7 Red Line. Yes, this will be VERY lucrative for them. Better yet, I'm certain the Uber cars they'll get will be less conspicuous as they won't be sitting on 20s with an earth shattering bass unit in the trunk as they already circle the "better" neighborhoods in those and Ashleigh from Iowa thinks this is "diversity". Mark my words.

But all will be well in the legal realm as if you found this to be non-profitable, you didn't have to lease the car again for another WEEK. Nevermind those years ago with excellent, good or marginal credit that was shattered by being suckered into a Santander lease for YEARS.

14. Chicago-uber

Chicago-uber

A new wave of uber mobiles...

image.jpg

75drive likes this.
  15. Old Man in a Hat

Old Man in a Hat

Driving:
    UberX
    Oh I forgot. Everything became perfect in spite of hundreds of years of history when Obama was elected.

16. Oh My

Oh My

Yeah, he'll be replacing one of those tires/wheels per day on Chicago streets.

Muffinscupcake likes this.
  17. uberwerx

uberwerx

Yeah! That's too funny and could very well come true. Because I have been saying "Someone should start video shops where I can get out of the weather, look at some covers, and not have the next-in-line someone breathing down my neck while I try to find a movie I want to watch? And pick up a few movie snacks as well?" Just like cheap taxis becoming scarce, there are fewer movie choices for someone who just wants to pick out an occasional movie. You have to subscribe to a service like netflix or subscribe to premium cable channels. When most taxis are gone we'll move to the only only choice left which won't be what we have now.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  18. POMilton

POMilton

I just don't get the driverless car argument. Yes, I know this is what they want to do, but it seems like it would be more costly for Uber. Right now, they have almost no liablity. With driverless cars they will have to maintain those cars and have more liability. Why is this a better deal for them than the exploitation model they are running with drivers right now?

tohunt4me and BostonTaxiDriver like this.
  19. priusguy

priusguy

who want driverless cars when you have moneyless drivers willing to drive countless hours