Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Uber account put on hold due to outdated auto registration

527 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Stephanie90016 
#1 ·
I started working this morning, and my second ride was to LAX (airport). I didn’t get a new ride right away, so I headed to the TNC lot to be placed in the queue. 15 minutes later, I finally got a number and a wait time. About two minutes later, my Uber app logs me out, and I get a message saying that my account is put on hold because my registration is expired.

I scratched my head. I looked at my registration, and it doesn’t expire until 01/10/2020.

I immediately called Uber Support.

I was told it was a glitch. Somehow, someway, their system was showing my old registration, but, my new registration was also in my files.

I was asked to re-upload my registration, but it would take 2 plus hours to approve.

Meanwhile, I feel like a bricked iPhone.

Has anyone had this happen before?

It’s been 2+ hours, and nothing has happened

See less See more
#3 ·
They keep two files. One for the driver app and one for the rider app. A mistake on either can cause problems for the driver. I found this out when my driver app showed my license plate correctly ending in a 0 and the riders were complaining that it showed it ending in a 9.

I even got a couple people "fearing for their safety" that I wound up cancelling on because even though my picture, name, car make, model, and color were all correct and I knew their name they were still afraid I was going to kidnap them because 1 out of 7 digits on my license plate was wrong. ?

#12 ·
Had almost the same thing happen to me. Tried to upload my new registration. Kept getting a message that it wasn't a valid registration. Huh, it came directly from the State. Took over a week to get it straightened out.
Ugh...Utter nonsense...
I got everything straightened out. But I honestly think I'll be driving for Lyft for awhile.

#14 ·
i had a PAX who’s father drove down in San Diego who apparently very eccentric. His fathers account got deactivated because passengers thought he was on drugs.

It’s shitty overall. Anytime I get a passenger who complains about a drivers car that smells like weed or alcohol, I remind that funk/stink can transfer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.