Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

UBer, 50% decrease in pay for using DF Filter

4K views 51 replies 37 participants last post by  JimKE 
#1 ·
I used DF filter and watched my $14.86 distance get reduced by $7.46, I hope this ipo flops.

#5 ·
What kind of shit is that? Get punished for using DF and basically end up anywhere snd everywhere the algorithm wants you to, no more relying on the system to find you rides that take you to your desired location without taking a chunk out of your fare. Just when you think they can't make this gig any shittier, they surprise you.

#21 · (Edited)
Thank you foreign morning airport drivers here that actually use the filters and then call to 100% confirm long trip......it always takes the bad apples to ruin it for everyone.

Lyft is like a dog sniffing Uber's butt...Uber mentions rate cuts..week later they match

Uber mentions DF changes and three days later, Lyft has it on messages, updated DF.....sniff sniff!!!

I'm sure by next week they'll match the 30% cut next

Rectangle Purple Font Line Triangle

#27 ·
Not mine just posting example of DF fcukery :mad::eek::thumbdown:
View attachment 304727

While Lyft introduced a new looking DF in this mornings update LOL
$22-$23 for almost an hour? Then take almost $9 to give (allegedly) to ants?

Dara can really go **** himself

#29 ·
I don't even understand how taking money a driver earned and giving it to other drivers could even be legal. Just because Uber notifies you of something doesn't mean it's legal.

Uber's own pay statement shows exactly how much money the driver earned, and how it was calculated. And then you take it away? That can't be legal.

If I were OP, I would find a few other drivers on my local city forum and go directly to the NC state Attorney General's office.

Forget lawsuits that only benefit the lawyers -- sick the Attorney General on Uber!

#32 · (Edited)
You are getting a run, that should be going to ants, probably multiple ants near the pax .. it might take you 7 minutes to pick up that pax vs 2-3 min for others ants near the pax . Pax also waiting few extra minutes ( possible)
Pax could also decline the run due to wait time and switch to Lyft.
It is also possible that other ants used DF to snatch away few runs from you?
What if 5 ants near the pax have better ratings ?what if 5 ants near the pax All have newer cars???

Algo could still give you the DF run without the DF..
Give it few days, you will have ants posting free $$$ given to them

DF- I rarely use DF, especially going home. It could be my neighbor I am picking up , which is the worst thing that can happen . DF- no guarantee that DF will take you certain way... if you are going east, ping could easily be taking a pax to the west .

#34 ·
Fixed...

Turn on Destination Filter.
Get a desired call going in the direction you want.
Get pax in car.
Talk to pax in person about destination before starting trip.(make sure it's where you want to go)
Apply your acting skills.
Cancel ride "on accident" using driver app. (do not charge rider) (act flustered and apologize profusely)
Apologize to pax and ask them to order the ride again.
Go online and accept non filtered ping from pax in car.

Your Welcome!

;D

#36 ·
Fixed...

Turn on Destination Filter.
Get a desired call going in the direction you want.
Get pax in car.
Talk to pax in person about destination before starting trip.(make sure it's where you want to go)
Apply your acting skills.
Cancel ride "on accident" using driver app. (do not charge rider) (act flustered and apologize profusely)
Apologize to pax and ask them to order the ride again.
Go online and accept non filtered ping from pax in car, and hope you actually get the ride (because it DOES happen where another driver gets the ping), then have to explain to the pax what to do next, hope they can navigate the app on their end, have to answer to them why they are having to go through all the nonsense, hope again another driver doesn't get the ping again (yes this has happened to me multiple times)......................

Your Welcome!

;D
FYP

#37 ·
Go online and accept non filtered ping from pax in car, and hope you actually get the ride (because it DOES happen where another driver gets the ping), then have to explain to the pax what to do next, hope they can navigate the app on their end, have to answer to them why they are having to go through all the nonsense, hope again another driver doesn't get the ping again (yes this has happened to me multiple times)......................

It happens, took 3 times one time. Not really a big deal. Also if the PAX is having trouble just tell them you can assist them and ask to see their phone.

Most people understand making a small mistake like I say stuff like "oh man, I don't know why Uber puts the cancel button so close to the start trip button, I'm so sorry."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.