Uber $30-40/hr guaranteed this weekend

scamp

Past 2 weeks I've been getting daily deluged by Uber emails; touting higher referral deals, peak bonuses and yesterday guaranteed hours below. I met a fellowUber driver (shout out to Charlie) at Dunkins last night who told me he's gotten email guaranteeing 1.5 bonus on his weekly earnings.

So what's really behind all these new incentives? Based solely on my experience, there's plenty of Uber drivers already on road in Boston so are they just trying to keep us switching to Lyft?

Attachments

So what's really behind all these new incentives? Based solely on my experience, there's plenty of Uber drivers already on road in Boston so are they just trying to keep us switching to Lyft?
Not just drivers, but rather, experienced drivers. UBER may be flooding the market with new drivers, but many of those drivers don't know how to use the GPS quickly and effectively. Granted, intimate knowledge of the city is very valuable, but a good driver who knows how to use a GPS, for the most part, can get around any city fairly easily.

Those are the drivers that UBER is losing to Lyft.

I even hear if from my passengers and they also know that UBER doesn't treat their drivers very well. When something like that gets to the customer, you know you have a problem.

Cheap labor produces a cheap product and UBER's reputation is taking a significant hit because of it. Their only genius may lie in their technological capabilities rather than business because if they keep going down road that they are on, they're going to run their company right into the ground.

Past 2 weeks I've been getting daily deluged by Uber emails; touting higher referral deals, peak bonuses and yesterday guaranteed hours below. I met a fellowUber driver (shout out to Charlie) at Dunkins last night who told me he's gotten email guaranteeing 1.5 bonus on his weekly earnings.

Lyft did guarantees as well for next week..I imagine there doing it because the next two weeks following the 4th are the slowest in the summer. I'm not sure why many drivers are getting different incentive offers. I didn't get the guarantee from Uber this weekend but I do get the extra $550 every week but never hit it because it's so damn slow which is probably why they keep sending it to me

Reactions: JFW

DudeGuy

Lyft did guarantees as well for next week..I imagine there doing it because the next two weeks following the 4th are the slowest in the summer. I'm not sure why many drivers are getting different incentive offers. I didn't get the guarantee from Uber this weekend but I do get the extra $550 every week but never hit it because it's so damn slow which is probably why they keep sending it to me
Do you at least hit the smaller tiers of the incentive? I usually get at least the $100 or $200 bonus.