1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UBER: 180 Days of Change - "Smoother Pickups" 11/20/17

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by Michael - Cleveland, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
  2. JimKE

JimKE

Well, rider's real-time location is not exactly new. It's been around for a bit. It's helpful, but only if the rider a) knows how to use it, and b) actually knows where they are! If Uber follows up the introduction with the same incompetent rider education that they did with the Uber Beacon, you'll never see a real-time location.

The other three are near zeros. The additional arrival notification is for Uber's benefit, not the driver's. They're trying to reduce their cancellation fees, not help us. The other two are like, "Yeah...so?"

Hopefully the new "ratings improvement" will not just be a rehash of the same old stuff.

MoreTips, MHR and Michael - Cleveland like this.
  3. Making money with uber was always a dream now it's time to wake up

4. Cndragon

Cndragon

Driving:
    UberX
    Totally agree with this...though I don't think it will do much. I always call at 2m when they start getting charged (I know I know..but I do it anyway mostly cause often if they arent already outside, they say the app said I was still a few minutes away...) and Id say half the time Ill end up getting a cancel fee anyway.. most times no one answers the phone, and even if they do, they still take their sweet time. With this in place, I dont see a need to call...they'll def ignore a text, so maybe my cancel rate will go up now! lol

MHR and Michael - Cleveland like this.
  5. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    No, it wasn't always a 'dream' - it was reality. Three Years Ago.

6. JimKE

JimKE

I get better results with texts than calls. Many people won't answer a phone number they don't recognize, but they'll glance at a text.

I send an "Uber is here" text 60 seconds from cancellation. I've already been there 4 minutes, and they have 60 seconds to save $5. I'm more lenient with XL and long rides, but not X...unless it's really slow.

Fortunately, I rarely have a cancellation -- the vast majority of my pax are toes to the curb when I get there. I've only had three in the last 7 days. Two of those were the same stupid XL rider who wouldn't answer their phone or respond to texts and couldn't be located in a 5 story mall; the other was an arrogant ******* who called me wanting to know why I didn't make an illegal U-turn to get to him quicker. He was "in a hurry," poor little thing.

Monkchoi, MoreTips, MHR and 2 others like this.
  7. Cndragon

Cndragon

Driving:
    UberX
    Dang...good point about answering an unknown number vs a text.. I didn't even consider that. I will hold out my faith that pax will not take it seriously and take all the time in the world lol The only time I will hold out is if I got the 45m notice or way down south and odds are good they are traveling north, but in college area, downtown etc.. Id rather get the cancellation fee.

Monkchoi, MoreTips and MHR like this.
  8. That's because they can't charge a booking fee on a cancellation.

MoreTips and MHR like this.
  9. JimKE

JimKE

I have NEVER collected a cancellation fee at UM or MDC-Kendall. Those kids are always toes to the curb -- 100% of the time.

10. Cndragon

Cndragon

Driving:
    UberX
    At campus when they are getting out of classes or studying at the library and ready to get out of there, indeed.. but college areas like the dorms or off campus apts like Red Road Common and Valencia Id say more than half the time, no one is outside when I get there..I always call at 2m and often hear "Im in the elevator right now! Ill be downstairs in a second!!!" I used to sit there and wait it out, then I moved on to giving them an extra minute over the 5m timer, now I just cancel at the 5m mark and go.

Btw, to be fair, I live a stones throw from the school..the first ping I get when I go online from home is from college kids and they are the majority of my rides til I get a ride out of the area or purposely drive west / north t avoid them. So I deal with the college kids a lot...the main plus is they are sweet, and I keep busy with rides and I get to stay close to home giving them rides. But..I do get my fair share of kids not actually ready to go too.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
    Mista T likes this.
  11. UberBastid

UberBastid

Wow.
    And I get one EVERY DAY.
    In fact, I pride myself in having gotten at least once canx a day for the last 26 days in a row. Once I got two from the same person ... LoL.
    It's a game for me.
    I make the mundane fun ... like, flipping off a cabbie before he gets a chance to flip ME off.
    Like, running a red light camera and getting my pix taken -- with my face covered by my hat.
    Just having fun out there ...