1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber 1 Star = Do not match again

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by UberXTampa, Sep 30, 2016.

1. UberXTampa

UberXTampa Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    New policy is here: https://help.uber.com/h/1ccb38a9-721f-4720-865e-ff962f2ab12d

Here is the excerpt I took that is important(highlights are mine):

"While online, you reserve the right to decline or cancel any trip request. During a trip, if you feel unsafe for any reason, please pull over and end the trip immediately.

After every trip, riders and driver-partners are asked to rate each other and provide feedback before requesting or accepting another ride. Should you choose to leave a 1 Star rating for a rider, you will not be matched with that person again."

Finally, Uber made a sensible change. 1 Star = Do not match! Yay!

2. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow Well-Known Member

This is great, thanks for the heads up. Not often does Uber change something while at the same time actually making it better.

However, Lyft has had this for how many years ? And you don't even have to rate them 1 star, it's 3 stars or less for them.

3. UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    I presume a 1 star should work both ways.
    If pax gives us a 1 star, we shouldn't be matched with them again. Otherwise, an unsuspecting driver could keep getting 1 starred by a pax repeatedly for various reasons not directly related to the service quality.

Spinn, Lantawood and uberdriverfornow like this.
  4. uberdriverfornow

Good question. Let's hope so. I don't want to give a ride to someone that 1 starred me. Actually, it should be a 3 star or less as it is with Lyft.

UberXTampa likes this.
  5. UberXTampa

Driving:
    UberX
    A step in the right direction, yet a baby step.
    A good sign they listened the drivers' concerns or maybe they are just automating some stuff that would normally be done via customer care interactions.

I expect from Uber a periodic training/test/certification of drivers to make sure everyone is knowledgeable about most of the features. As they keep adding more features, driver and maybe even pax education will become a necessity.

How to place a pin 101 should be a required training before anyone is allowed to order a ride.

Spinn, Kevin4163 and Sgt_PaxHauler like this.

6. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Here's the whole text, for archiving purposes:

https://help.uber.com/h/1ccb38a9-721f-4720-865e-ff962f2ab12d

How does Uber support driver safety?

We are committed to the safety of everyone using the Uber platform. As a driver-partner, your vehicle should be a safe and comfortable space for everyone, including you. Uber uses technology to ensure the safety of our riders and drivers before, during and after every ride.

When you are online, your vehicle’s route and location are tracked by GPS. Riders are required to verify personal information when setting up their accounts. This private information is confidential and retained to confirm identity. When you are on your way to a pickup location or destination, the rider’s app displays your first name and photo, vehicle make and model, and license plate number. This transparency supports accountability for everyone and helps us review any incident that occurs during a trip.

While online, you reserve the right to decline or cancel any trip request. During a trip, if you feel unsafe for any reason, please pull over and end the trip immediately.

After every trip, riders and driver-partners are asked to rate each other and provide feedback before requesting or accepting another ride. Should you choose to leave a 1 Star rating for a rider, you will not be matched with that person again.

In the event that you have a negative experience with a rider, please contact us immediately by navigating to Trip and Fare Review > Rider Feedback > Report a serious incident involving a rider.

Uber has 24/7 incident response teams in cities around the world to assist you. If you have been involved in a critical safety incident, please contact local law enforcement for emergency assistance. Please note that driver-partner and rider accounts may be disabled during investigations while we determine what happened.

upload_2016-9-30_11-32-29.png

Attached Files:

EX_ and SibeRescueBrian like this.
  7. Michael - Cleveland

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Interestingly, while it says: "...you reserve the right to decline or cancel any trip request"
    - it does not say that they will not deactivate a driver due to a high cancellation rate.

8. OlDirtySapper

OlDirtySapper Active Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    They say you can drop them off for any reason but the fail to mention that they will at least threaten to deactivate you for it. If I cancel 1 ****ing trip in a week I get the stupid you have canceled more message.

Lantawood likes this.
  9. Pir8pete

Pir8pete Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    dam I didn't know if you give 1 star your automatically never matched with that person again, lol
    I have been 1 staring everyone for a long time now unless they give me a tip

Cableguynoe, RussellP and Gordiano like this.
  10. DocT

DocT Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I don't think that 1* unmatching works. Late 2016, I gave a 1* to an unaccompanied minor (didn't know he was 16, but looked over 20 and found out near the drop-off, and I reminded him about Uber's TOS stance on minors), AND notified Uber about the underaged account holder AND requested to be unmatched from future requests. Had that SAME rider a few weeks ago and so I pull up and ask how old is he now (we remembered each other), and he answers "17" on my dash cam. I reminded him again about the TOS and told him to cancel. He said sorry, cancelled, and I drove away. Went offline and reported the minor AGAIN to Uber and referenced my past request about the same rider. I'm sure he was able to get another Uber later.

11. RussellP

RussellP Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I 1*'d someone and then got matched with them again 2 minutes later. I don't think it works.

12. Freefall

Freefall Member

If a pax rates a driver 3 stars or less they won't get matched with that driver again. This has been Uber policy for a while

13. Michael - Cleveland

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    You're mistaken - that's LYFTs policy - not Ubers.

14. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    LMAO pretty soon there will be no pax in your city that you could be matched with.

15. uberdriverfornow

Uber has a similar policy now. I can't remember if it's 1 stars or 3 stars or less. I'd have to look it up again. They sent out an email.

16. Michael - Cleveland

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    It may be by operating region as no such notice was sent out here.

17. Dback2004

Dback2004 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Which is also in conflict with several of their other policies regarding cancellations, specifically the ADA policy :)

18. DocT

DocT Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    As an IC, you absolutely have reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. But, Uber reserves the right to deactivate you for ANY reason.

Dback2004 likes this.