• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber “support” is SO Bad!

Authority

Why is Uber support so awful?

The other day I wrote them to let them know a woman asked me to take her minor kid to school. I hoped they’d contact her and let her know we don’t do that.

Inexplicably they quote the rules and threaten ME with deactivation for reporting a rider? Hello? I know the rules, that’s WHY I reported it?

Sometimes it seems Uber has neither a heart nor a brain. This company needs a commitment to service and treating people right... not just “listening”.

Authority

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If we can’t drive minors why does Uber allow them to create accounts without ID verification? Why do they shift the responsibility to the driver? Are we supposed to card passengers?

Jamez400

Can someone post a link that says we can't take a mom's child to their school or they learn how to be just like us

How about stop following the rules so closely? Stop being so PC and just earn money. Because you won’t stop people like me who drive minors.
You're part of them problem. If you get in an accident with a minor that is not your child, legal ramifications could be put on you as well as criminal charges. Just think if a teenager your transporting to school accuses you of anything. Dash cam only goes so far in covering your butt, and that's if you even have a two way one. If the child is injured in an accident you WILL get sued by the parents. Hope that small fare and risk is worth it. Not sure if its against the law in California to transport minors but I know there are a bunch of states it is. This is not a PC thing either. Its a respect of rules and conditions you signed up for. Uber/Lyft will not hesitate to hang you out to dry in this situation.

wonderfulcarscent

Why is Uber support so awful?

The other day I wrote them to let them know a woman asked me to take her minor kid to school. I hoped they’d contact her and let her know we don’t do that.

Inexplicably they quote the rules and threaten ME with deactivation for reporting a rider? Hello? I know the rules, that’s WHY I reported it?

Sometimes it seems Uber has neither a heart nor a brain. This company needs a commitment to service and treating people right... not just “listening”.
Do not report minor passengers! You either cancel or bite the bullet and give them a ride.

shmiff

Leisurely spend five minutes politely explaining that you would love to take them but Uber's rules prevent you from doing so. Tell them that you hope that the regulations will change in the future. Cancel for a no show (a legal-age rider was not present) and receive $5 profit for doing absolutely nothing at all. If possible try to pick receive the same ping again, Seriously, it's worth hanging around schools and getting as many of these pings as you can. You can make $50 per hour with no overheads.

Bpr2

You're part of them problem. If you get in an accident with a minor that is not your child, legal ramifications could be put on you as well as criminal charges. Just think if a teenager your transporting to school accuses you of anything. Dash cam only goes so far in covering your butt, and that's if you even have a two way one. If the child is injured in an accident you WILL get sued by the parents. Hope that small fare and risk is worth it. Not sure if its against the law in California to transport minors but I know there are a bunch of states it is. This is not a PC thing either. Its a respect of rules and conditions you signed up for. Uber/Lyft will not hesitate to hang you out to dry in this situation.
California has specific state laws that did not allow us to take minors

Leisurely spend five minutes politely explaining that you would love to take them but Uber's rules prevent you from doing so. Tell them that you hope that the regulations will change in the future. Cancel for a no show (a legal-age rider was not present) and receive $5 profit for doing absolutely nothing at all. If possible try to pick receive the same ping again, Seriously, it's worth hanging around schools and getting as many of these pings as you can. You can make $50 per hour with no overheads.
Uber looks for this behavior though. Plus your cancel rate would sky rocket.

Authority

How about stop following the rules so closely? Stop being so PC and just earn money. Because you won’t stop people like me who drive minors.
It’s not a matter of being PC. If you’re in an accident with a minor and Uber won’t cover you it could be a life changing incident.

Pulledclear

"stop following the rules so closely? " Im "stunned" to hear someone from that "great " State make a statement like that. Please extend that wall along the Mexifornia border as well.
Sounds like you have a clue. Because What could possibly go wrong with a minor in the car. Way to think it through. Great work you're going places!

Authority

Sounds like you have a clue. Because What could possibly go wrong with a minor in the car. Way to think it through. Great work you're going places!
It does seem like Uber is sending mixed messages. On the one hand, they say it’s against the rules, yet they take no action to enforce it. So they’re basically telling drivers not to worry about it.

That said, I’m pretty sure in an accident they would say there was no Uber authorized passenger and not cover the ride. Could be catastrophic for the driver.

Kodyhead

If we can’t drive minors why does Uber allow them to create accounts without ID verification? Why do they shift the responsibility to the driver? Are we supposed to card passengers?
How do you know they created an account, a parent can order an uber.

steveK2016

First tier support is basically either an under paid foreign csr or a computer algorythm that detects key words and auto replies with an faq answer. This can usually work for majority of issues, as many questione have been asked and answered already. Its also cheaper than handling every request individually. If it doesn't work, you reply and it escalates to a live response.

Not the first, only nor last company to use such methods .

Last edited:

HotUberMess

You have to call the news; it’s the only way to fix this besides legislation.

The entire rule is designed in a way that if something goes wrong, Uber can remove itself from any blame. Uber wants to collect that money and actively encourages parents by not warning them and prevents drivers from canceling by not making it easy to cancel.

So do what you want but be aware if there’s any issue at all, including kid trips and falls out of your car, kid gets hit by another parent who was texting in the drop-off lane, kid gets lost on the way in.. Uber will throw you under the (school) bus.

Authority

You can order an uber for someone else and have their name pop up, its much easier
You’re right. So the other part of the solution would be to take reports on this issue more seriously.

Ultimately some kid is going to get killed in an accident, driver won’t be covered, it’ll make the news, and maybe Uber will be found negligent for failing to make a system to prevent minors from riding and for intentionally ignoring reports from drivers.

You have to call the news; it’s the only way to fix this besides legislation.
I think HotUberMess is on to something. A tip to the news one day could cause one hell of a disturbance in the force. A station in a state where it's against the law does a story on this and Uber or Lyft's support team just brushes it off could make for a National story and investigation. Would not look good at IPO time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
labloverva Complaints 21
PioneerXi News 2
Atif Baqar Stories 34