1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

Uber’s New Company: POWERLOOP

Discussion in 'News' started by Seven77, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Seven77

Seven77

Uber Technologies Inc. is loading up on trailers to raise its standing in the freight business. The San Francisco tech giant is creating a division called Powerloop that will connect small- and medium-sized trucking companies with fully-filled trailers, the WSJ’s Greg Bensinger reports, in a bid to stand out from the growing field of load-matching startups. Uber has at least one big customer in brewer Anheuser-Busch InBev SA, and has leased hundreds of trailers from an undisclosed company it will rent to carriers for $25 a day.

The Freight business is part of Uber’s broader effort as it eyes a potential initial public offering to show it can do more than offer passenger-ride services, and it says Freight is on track to reach $500 million in revenue within the next year. The business is unprofitable, however, and Uber thinks the trailers will draw some customers along with rental income.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/todays...ackages-self-declared-postal-rates-1539880307

[​IMG]

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. Danny3xd

Danny3xd

Man, I wish they would get into the courier thing. I know they had a failed effort but that's just easy money!

Fun gig !

islanddriver and tohunt4me like this.
  3. Its got potential.
    Now they need shipping containers that can go from ship to train to truck.

Attached Files:

4. Danny3xd

Danny3xd

LoL, thought you said "to train wreck"

teh744 likes this.
  5. Seven77

Seven77

Also New is a company Joe Montana is backing. Technology to get ur lawn cut

WASHINGTON — San Diego-based Lawn Love has launched its app-based lawn care service in the Washington region.

The four-year-old venture-backed company’s investors include former NFL quarterback Joe Montana, Shark Tank investor Barbara Corcoran and the venture capital firms, Y Combinator and Bullpen Capital.

Similar to Uber and Lyft, homeowners can download and use the Lawn Love app to schedule, review and pay for yard work. Lawn Love says its platform is powered by satellite-imaging software which reviews a property and generates a quote in less than two minutes.

https://wtop.com/business-finance/2018/10/joe-montana-backed-uber-for-lawn-care-comes-to-dc/

Danny3xd likes this.
  6. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow

Sounds like an Otto rebrand. Imagine how many Elaine Herzbergs a truck can mow down versus just a car.

Rakos and heynow321 like this.
  7. Seven77

Seven77

Or the 100 souls slaughtered Everyday by the human error operating the weapon

“Sounds like an Otto rebrand”

Swing and a miss UberDriver4Ever aka: uberdriverfornowuberdriverfornow

OTTO: autonomous truck
    POWERLOOP:trailer load matchup management
    LAWN LOVE: app connecting landscaper providers with homeowner needs

Reading is fundamental.
    Class dismissed

Rakos likes this.
  8. so satellites are needed to know when to mow your effin lawn? no privacy concerns there, pedro down the street or some teenager too expensive? can't just look at the grass & tell anymore? hope you dont have a sun roof gallatic pron

wall e meet Idiocracy, i guess all the worlds real problems have been solved, youd think theyd bio engineer grass thatvstops growing at a certain height by now or something lol

Rakos likes this.
  9. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    Hell, Uber's getting into all sorts of objects to haul around. People, groceries, beer etc. Probably won't be long before we have UberSurrogate. Uber will match money hungry women with a healthy uterus to couples that want children but don't have time for all that pregnancy hoopla.

Danny3xd and Rakos like this.
  10. Truly trying to get some efficiency gains

Rakos likes this.
  11. Seven77

Seven77

Dude, dip **** people freely send their DNA to “genealogy companies”
    and you’re concerned about “lawn privacy”
    https://www.apnews.com/caf40b22f65443d1ba96634c40a8eb0a

12. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow

100 people killed every day ? why don't you do yourself a favor and find a single day where 100 people died across the US ? I would love to see it proven that 100 people die each and every day. It's just not possible.

and still have never made any money off anything, they just blow money on everything

Even the article itself confirmed that....

Rakos likes this.
  13. Seven77

Seven77

You rant like someone w/ zip creds whose never heard nor used a global search engine.
    Carry your own water dude, do the research
    You’re embarrassing yourself

14. Danny3xd

Danny3xd

now kids........

OR

"Now Skeeter, he didn't mean no harm..."

OR, or

I will turn this thread right around and no one gets ice cream or badges!"

15. Rakos

Rakos

Driving:
    UberXL
    Uber used to have a POWERLOOP...

It was the loop from the pax's pocket....

To my pocket....8>}

Too bad they abused and screwed up...

A PERFECTLY GOOD RELATIONSHIP...!!!

Rakos
    Copy of B9AEAE40-069A-4B2F-BE73-BE6A02A9B1F3.gif
    Copy of dog-orangutang.jpg
    PS. Why is it so hard to keep things working that actually work...8>)

Danny3xd likes this.
  16. Danny3xd

Danny3xd

Way way off topic but named my cat Stewie after your pictured Stewie. Head is similarly shaped and has a similar personality. Matricidal, less then a foot tall and wants to take over the world but is distracted easily by shiny or fast moving objects.....

Rakos likes this.
  17. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow

The only person making themself look bad is the person making claims that have never been substantiated.

People have challenged you to back up your claims with actual evidence and video and you can never back up your claims.

Rakos likes this.