Uber’s Lion City Rentals

Anesh

MUST READ FOR ALL UBER SINGAPORE DRIVERS !! Lion City Rentals P L is Owned by Uber !!

Very disappointing ,
Lion City Rental Pte Ltd (LCR) is OWNED by Uber !! 2 of Uber directors from U.S. are currently the directors of this Singapore $100 paid up capital Pte Limited company.

Then why all the drama when new driver going to Uber in Singapore , and LCR says "we must be cheap and good that's why we are allowed to be here" Blah Blah

My personal experience as follows :
1st day collect car from LCR, almost met with accident, brakes failed due to worn out brake pad.
While driving handrest pops out , called in LCR and they referred to World Auto Workshop at pemimpin .
Was told to bring car there, wait for 4 hours and more drama there ,perfectly at 6pm , workshop said handrest need to wait spareparts. they rush to hand over car. So the workers there can go home !

2 weeks after, went for 10k km servicing, 4 hours gone again , handrest not even noted for replacement the last time, and now claim LCR has to advise. The handrest almost broke a kid nose (Honda Civic, pops out with great force) !!! but LCR tells me its not critical and workshop offers to remove the handrest cover !! Left the car at the workshop and told them to settle among themselves, and that am paying for a completely working car,

Next day i get call from the workshop saying need to go Vicom, and finally they tell me all ready, I double check on phone before going down, the passenger side speaker which was faulty was not replaced ! First they say standby parts will come, 5 minute later they say LCR need to advice.
OMG I supply car parts , I know if can get or not, Dont smoke me la ! Why they think we so desperate to drive out the car, or loyal to LCR so LCR can charge rental for below 8hr at workshop , Told them am not picking up car as else they will waste another 4 hour of my time !

Next Day, Finally LCR calls me and says I need to pay rental for the 3 days the car was in the workshop !!!! :mad:
Now I realize why LCR ask you to register company , so that you, cannot bring this to Consumer Association of Singapore if they charge you more !

But I will stand by what is right and ethical business practices, been in business for 20 years, seen em all.

I can be reached at 93551515 for any further clarifications.

Last edited:

Stevee

MUST READ FOR ALL UBER SINGAPORE DRIVERS !! Lion City Rentals P L is Owned by Uber !!

Very disappointing ,
Lion City Rental Pte Ltd (LCR) is OWNED by Uber !! 2 of Uber directors from U.S. are currently the directors of this Singapore $100 paid up capital Pte Limited company.

Then why all the drama when new driver going to Uber in Singapore , and LCR says "we must be cheap and good that's why we are allowed to be here" Blah Blah

My personal experience as follows :
1st day collect car from LCR, almost met with accident, brakes failed due to worn out brake pad.
While driving handrest pops out , called in LCR and they referred to World Auto Workshop at pemimpin .
Was told to bring car there, wait for 4 hours and more drama there ,perfectly at 6pm , workshop said handrest need to wait spareparts. they rush to hand over car. So the workers there can go home !

2 weeks after, went for 10k km servicing, 4 hours gone again , handrest not even noted for replacement the last time, and now claim LCR has to advise. The handrest almost broke a kid nose (Honda Civic, pops out with great force) !!! but LCR tells me its not critical and workshop offers to remove the handrest cover !! Left the car at the workshop and told them to settle among themselves, and that am paying for a completely working car,

Next day i get call from the workshop saying need to go Vicom, and finally they tell me all ready, I double check on phone before going down, the passenger side speaker which was faulty was not replaced ! First they say standby parts will come, 5 minute later they say LCR need to advice.
OMG I supply car parts , I know if can get or not, Dont smoke me la ! Why they think we so desperate to drive out the car, or loyal to LCR so LCR can charge rental for below 8hr at workshop , Told them am not picking up car as else they will waste another 4 hour of my time !

Next Day, Finally LCR calls me and says I need to pay rental for the 3 days the car was in the workshop !!!! :mad:
Now I realize why LCR ask you to register company , so that you, cannot bring this to Consumer Association of Singapore if they charge you more !

But I will stand by what is right and ethical business practices, been in business for 20 years, seen em all.

I can be reached at 93551515 for any further clarifications.

So what was their reaction when you did not pay as they asked? (I assumed you Didnt pay...)

darkstar365

Are they the only rental company demanding the minimum 40 hours a week? If they are makes so much sense now.

Simulacra

Working for Uber and Lion city means you agree to earn 3 - 5 dollars per hour.

Do the math.

Understand the limits.

And it's not difficult to see the truth.

Last edited:

Jng

We have to understand the relationship between the fleet owner and a contracted workshop that handles the fleet maintenance and repairs. As hirers, we won't know what's their agreement - down time paid by fleet owner or workshop? additional parts required/requested paid by fleet owner or workshop?

Is parts really not available? or is there some cost to the parts that someone has to bear? I assume that there's a reason why the workshop keeps mentioning that the fleet owner has to advise on this, advise on that and I assume that's where the approval has to be given by the responsible party for the green light to go ahead.

Thinking from a business perspective; if you want to be a low cost leader, would you splurge on replacing non-critical components? Not siding anyone but just thinking why would all these happen to a hirer.

Peterpan8550

We have to understand the relationship between the fleet owner and a contracted workshop that handles the fleet maintenance and repairs. As hirers, we won't know what's their agreement - down time paid by fleet owner or workshop? additional parts required/requested paid by fleet owner or workshop?

Is parts really not available? or is there some cost to the parts that someone has to bear? I assume that there's a reason why the workshop keeps mentioning that the fleet owner has to advise on this, advise on that and I assume that's where the approval has to be given by the responsible party for the green light to go ahead.

Thinking from a business perspective; if you want to be a low cost leader, would you splurge on replacing non-critical components? Not siding anyone but just thinking why would all these happen to a hirer.
eveytime is about money in a businesz world.

Johnayro

Drivers are operating a business too. Their operating costs involve the main component in this whole business "The Car". Operating costs can be one fixed amount in the form of rental, or on-going cost, if it is their own vehicle.

In the event of vehicle breakdown, the owner bears the responsibility to repair the vehicle. He must also be responsible for compensating those who were affected by the breakdown, like in this case! TS Anesh.

Good analogy would be how SBS and SMRT are MRT are fined! for breakdowns. They should start to fine! Rental Companies for badly maintained vehicles! on Singapore roads.