Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Uber’s just making up crap now

976 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ANT 7 
#1 ·
Yesterday morning during a ride I did not accept a couple rides because they were too far away. Then a message pops up saying I won’t get my consecutive ride bonus because I didn’t accept the ride, no Uber I’m not getting the consecutive ride bonus because I was never anywhere near a consecutive ride bonus zone. They’re trying to make it sound like I’m missing out on something because I’m not accepting rides I don’t want.

#3 ·
I was comparing notes with another driver friend, those consecutive bonuses are not the same for each driver.

Some are $12 or $15 consecutive offeres. I'll call up my buddy, here in the PHX market, and see what his app says, and he gets a lesser offer.

I don't know the Rhyme or Reason for it being different between drivers

#4 ·
I was comparing notes with another driver friend, those consecutive bonuses are not the same for each driver.

Some are $12 or $15 consecutive offeres. I'll call up my buddy, here in the PHX market, and see what his app says, and he gets a lesser offer.

I don't know the Rhyme or Reason for it being different between drivers
Because their AI learns each one of us individually. It's all designed to motivate each individual driver to accept rides. What might work on your friend may not work on you. We could all have different offers depending on our individual behaviors.

I suggest you watch a documentary on Netflix called "social dilemma". It is told by a handful of key AI programmers what they actually did to manipulate users. Some of them worked at Uber but mostly it's people at Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc. etc. It is eye-opening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.