1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

U/L making things worse in cities

Discussion in 'News' started by Mista T, Nov 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Arianna focusing on New Targets ?

Attached Files:

2. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Don’t need a study to realize that traffic congestion would increase when your business model requires that you saturate your market with billions of ants. :rolleyes:

Lee239, TwoFiddyMile, teh744 and 3 others like this.
  3. nj2bos

nj2bos

It's true. Here in Boston you can't sit at a single red light without seeing 10 Uber stickers and a dozen Lyft amps on cars all around you. It is a disease. Every car within 30 miles of Boston has a rideshare sticker on it.

tohunt4me and Uber's Guber like this.
  4. Disgusted Driver

Disgusted Driver

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    It could reduce the number of cars and parking spots but I never believed it would reduce the number of miles driven and thus congestion. It can't, it's mathematically impossible because of the additional miles required to get to pax, much less about cruising or repositioning.

Mista T likes this.
  5. mrpjfresh

mrpjfresh

Driving:
    UberX
    When Dara was made aware of this article, he immediately pushed a button on his desk and the independently contracted dobermans were released to Mr. Hobbes' residence. He then pushed another button and a @@@@@@faced PR sycophant appeared and was handed a script to refute this ("more cars decrease both wait times and traffic congestion", "lower rates mean more money", blah blah). Just pull his/her string to hear the greatest hits!

6. Yeah Uber’s claim that they reduce congestion is JUST like lower rates means more money LOL

7. dirtylee

dirtylee

Driving:
    UberX
    ride-hailing could be enticing the wealthy out of buses and trains altogether, creating a two-tier system and eroding public support and funding for more efficient forms of transport in the long term.

I've noticed this in my market. The only people that take public transport now can't afford ubers.

islanddriver and nj2bos like this.
  8. The wealthy uses buses ? Who would a thought ?

teh744 and islanddriver like this.
  9. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
    You can't not place limits on growth and reduce congestion at the same time.
    Orwellian.

Uber's Guber likes this.
  10. That's the way it was in Orlando before uber LOL...

11. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
    I meant not not place limits on growth. I think. I'm tired.
    Good night.

uber-xxx likes this.
  12. touberornottouber

touberornottouber

Driving:
    UberX
    It would be different if they were actually charging the rider something near what they are giving us but here they are giving us $3 when they charge the rider $7.50. Thus I don't even feel that I am helping the minimum wage worker get to work. I'm in poverty. My rider is left in poverty because they are paying $7.50 to go 2 miles. The only ones getting rich are the Uber CEO and the silicon valley workers getting paid $200,000+ while I get paid peanuts for doing nearly all the work and providing the means of production.

Mista T likes this.
  13. jocker12

jocker12

heynow321, TwoFiddyMile and Mista T like this.
  14. Lee239

Lee239

It actually puts more cars on the road than is necessary waiting for low paying rides to ruin their cars.

Mista T likes this.
  15. Drivincrazy

Drivincrazy

Driving:
    Lyft
    In Vegas, Y'all should see LV Blvd on a Friday night. It is so bad with ants, I go home until about 2am. Ridiculous traffic to and from hotels.