U/L at DC Union Station

Brandon0315

Ideally, it would be on Massachusetts between First and North Capitol (Exit the front of Union Station and got to the right).

run26912

Where is the best place for me to request a driver at Union Station?
In front of Post Office Building on the side of Union Station.. forgot the street name... it has a side entrance door to Union Station.. that way driver can avoid that nasty circle and hack inspectors...

BONG!!

Bart McCoy

Haven't seen hack inspectors out there lately

But to OP if you order anywhere around there an Uber will come get you with no issue. Just if you order in front in the circle of course there will be a slight traffic wait. The front/circle is designed for pickups though

JimS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just wanted to ensure that the front loop would be OK - ie: Not a taxi stand location.

Brandon0315

Just wanted to ensure that the front loop would be OK - ie: Not a taxi stand location.
No, avoid the front loop; that is where it is most heavily congested. By walking a block or two in either direction would make your Uber driver very appreciative. And you will appreciate the lack of confusion and congestion, too....

nutzareus

Yes avoid the circle! I dropped off there yesterday morning before 7:30am and it was busy already. I would never go there in the afternoon or evening!

New2This

I will sometimes decline or let expire Union Station pickups, due to it being a pain in the ass to find people, as well as once in the circle it's a minimum of 10 minutes to get through it. I did a pickup there Saturday night after 10:00PM, naively thinking it would be less congested. Nope even then it was a frigging zoo.

Bart McCoy

there is a taxi stand location on the FIRST curb you see coming out the station (lanes goes across the whole front), but at the 2nd roadway next to it is where regular cars and Uber cars can pick up/drop off.

Good to know. So, outside the postal museum/post office, etc. = better. :wink:
Well yeah, if you want to be kind and walk, going 1 block or 2 away will always be easier for the driver. Although the front of the post office can still be tricky,short strip, but on the side (north capitol street) is much easier to be picked up at

I will sometimes decline or let expire Union Station pickups, due to it being a pain in the ass to find people, as well as once in the circle it's a minimum of 10 minutes to get through it. I did a pickup there Saturday night after 10:00PM, naively thinking it would be less congested. Nope even then it was a frigging zoo.
yeap, sometimes I decline due to the headache, or being noid for hack inspectors pressing out legit Uber drivers