U Have Power But No Internet?

JohnnyRotten69

Unplug the power and the cables in back of the modem box for 15 seconds and then plug everything back in. I have Spectrum. Then call Spectrum to alert them it's working and ask for a credit for the days the service was out. I saved 9 bucks. Why give ur money away?

Last edited:

NPRUber

The modem right? Not the cable box... 9 bucks saved... Closer to getting that generator for the next hurricane!

But seriously this is a common issue, used to work for BHN. 85-90% of their modems are outdated, refurb garbage. If your modem is not dual band then you need to request an upgrade. The older stuff is garbage and they won't replace it until they have to or customer requests. There are downsides though, if you rely on their wifi, they now charge $4 a month to turn it on. I agreed, but it didn't reach areas of my house so I had them turn it back off and used my router. They stopped the charge but the wifi is still active, idiots.

louvit

I have spectrum also and I am moving this Friday. I called the mto schedule a install and needed 3 dvr's instead of 2. They no longer have the whole house dvr but they gave me a good deal. 3 new style dvr,s they are smaller and better, higher speed internet and a home phone which I do not have now. My bill for all of this will be $2 a month more....Even though it's expensive still I'm getting so much more for 2 bucks. Looking forward to seeing the new smaller style dvr's

NPRUber

They are ok, 6 tuners... (record 6 shows at once) man to have 3 of those u must be pushing 240 or more a month. The arris 6 dvrs are smaller but there is also a Samsung version, at least back when I was there, it's still smaller then the older dvrs but 1.5-twice the size of the arris. Techs seemed to really like them, which were the only people that had them really back then. I doubt they have a 4K option yet, they will wait till 8k becomes the norm.