• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Two questions

Why does it seem like I'm getting less rides since UT has started back? I understand it just started back yesterday, but still. Also,it seems like since Uber introduced comfort rides I have been getting less business airport rides. Are most of the business travelers requesting comfort rides and since my car does not qualify for comfort um getting stiffed.

DriverRI

That’s a good question, regarding the comfort rides. I have not noticed a change on rides since school started, could be the area where I drive.

AustinAD99

Good time to troll campus is after 11pm.
UT has a deal with Lyft to give free rides to the kids after 11...due to that poor freshman girl who was killed a few years ago.

But in general it does feel like less rides.
Thinking it has more to do with the new start earning when accept a ride system.
I sure is funny how before you'd get lots of 7+ minutes away pickups but now most are 3 minutes.
And those 3 minutes end up being 1 minute away...so much for loading up on the front end to cushion the 1/3 less butt pounding at the end.

Noonespecial

Well, lyft is getting what they wanted. People are bending over which means they have to stay online longer to make the same money. So the full timers staying online 75 hrs a week means less rides for everyone else.

Dont worry, the next 4 days will be good for people who got bills. In 4 years, I have never seen a slow home game weekend yet, and this is also labor day. If you MUST take it from lyft, then i would highly suggest you work as hard as you can this weekend and make tues/wednesday into your labor day weekend.

All i can say is that i am trying my best to get people to use Uber and RA. Ive stranded over 75 people so far on lyft in the last 2 weeks. I'm in a 2 hour timeout as we speak. They swear this is my last chance!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, lyft is getting what they wanted. People are bending over which means they have to stay online longer to make the same money. So the full timers staying online 75 hrs a week means less rides for everyone else.

Dont worry, the next 4 days will be good for people who got bills. In 4 years, I have never seen a slow home game weekend yet, and this is also labor day. If you MUST take it from lyft, then i would highly suggest you work as hard as you can this weekend and make tues/wednesday into your labor day weekend.

All i can say is that i am trying my best to get people to use Uber and RA. Ive stranded over 75 people so far on lyft in the last 2 weeks. I'm in a 2 hour timeout as we speak. They swear this is my last chance!
Yeah, this will be my first game weekend working. I'm curious to see how it's going to go.

DriverRI

You haven’t been deactivated yet!! Good luck!! 😄

AustinAD99

So are you accepting the rides and just not showing up until they cancel?

Have you accepted, slowly gone to pickup pax with locked doors, rolled down windows to confirm it's the correct pax - then let them know you won't be giving them a ride due to Lyfts new -$.25/mile raise?

Think that would be much more fun...

Sadly I'll be needing to take it in the rear for Lyft until the end of the year...

By then I hope to find something more profitable and dignified - like giving $1.00 BJs at 7th and Red River.

Swam4Texas

Good time to troll campus is after 11pm.
UT has a deal with Lyft to give free rides to the kids after 11...due to that poor freshman girl who was killed a few years ago.
PCL closes at 11. There are usually lots of students looking for rides in the circle outside the 'brary, though they generally Uber Pool/Lyft Line so there's that to deal with.
Post automatically merged:

Made $370 last night working 1 p.m. till 2 a.m. Had a ride to Allandale at 1:40 and just couldn't hang in there for the last downtown surge, though I did pick up one at +$5 at the Domain on the way home.

The UT game was sweet because it was hot and 24-0 at the half, which meant folks were heading home early and the $11 to $14 surge went from 8:30 till 45 minutes after the game ended.

Next Saturday (LSU game) is going to be insane, though. I can't imagine how many people are going to be jammed into Lot 40.

AustinAD99

Yeah, was nice to be super busy once again...long, hard summer.

I'm planning to take it easy tue-wed and maybe some of Thursday too.
It's going to be a madhouse downtown on Saturdays nights big LSU game.

wilsonz83

Indeed there are lots AP rides on comfort as only a couple bucks more for pax and guarantee much nicer cars.

Shinino

I'm mostly doing Uber at this point. Pulled almost $500 on the long weekend (Friday 10p-3aish, Saturday 7p-3aish, Sunday 10p-3aish) -- basically only turning Lyft on when I don't see an Uber surge. Most of it is UT/Downtown/South Austin. Educating people if/when they ask about Lyft.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm mostly doing Uber at this point. Pulled almost $500 on the long weekend (Friday 10p-3aish, Saturday 7p-3aish, Sunday 10p-3aish) -- basically only turning Lyft on when I don't see an Uber surge. Most of it is UT/Downtown/South Austin. Educating people if/when they ask about Lyft.
Good info. Thanks.