Two questions, no show and line drop off

SQ Prius

Hey guys, so something came up that stumped both the pax and I.

Driving for Lyft picked up a line, pax 1 and I are enroute to destination. 3/4 of the way there he says actually just drop me off at university light rail vs pike place. Okay, I put new address in waze and we go meanwhile another pax got added.

Get to light rail. He leaves and says thanks yet I can drop him off becuase original location is still in app and all the phone shows is pickup pax 2.

So I call him and ask him if he can click drop off here or end ride now. He can't either. Time has gone by now, I say okay I will handle it with Lyft later don't worry about any excess fees. Pickup pax 2 drop her off, then it gives me option to drop off pax 1. Now finally all is cleared out. Still pax 1 was stuck in the app and not really in my car. Thoughts here?

Second question, how do I get my first no show fee?

IMG_6437.PNG

heynow321

that's just lyft's incompetence showing through. I've had that happen too.

if the fix passenger wants to get out early before picking up a 2nd passenger (that has already been added), you can't end the ride for the first guy. sometimes you may even have to drop off the 2nd passenger first b/c he's closer before you can end the first trip.

Travis Bickle Uber

I should note we can see your face in the screenshot you posted. Most of us (myself included) like our real identities to be private. Not sure if you agree but thought I'd point it out.

SQ Prius

Yeah fair point, no big deal really. Trying to change that horrible picture anyways and the app and website never takes the update. I click upload and the app never proceeds.

Okay that's dumb of the app, so if a line rider wants to modify their destination mid route, they can't? What am I supposed to do or say to them then?

heynow321

Yeah fair point, no big deal really. Trying to change that horrible picture anyways and the app and website never takes the update. I click upload and the app never proceeds.

Okay that's dumb of the app, so if a line rider wants to modify their destination mid route, they can't? What am I supposed to do or say to them then?

honestly i just don't say anything. they can complain to lyft and get it fixed themselves and maybe lyft will change their crappy system.

Smashup

Trying to change that horrible picture anyways and the app and website never takes the update. I click upload and the app never proceeds.

Funny, first time I tried changing my photo was this afternoon and I found that neither the app nor the website would let me update it.

Line and Pool riders should be told "you cannot change the route" and the reason is that the system is anticipating the routing and finding riders for you along that route. (Of course, you should almost never pick up pool.)

SQ Prius

IDK about any green background, that is how the picture showed up in the initial on boarding when I was submitting all the requested documents. Still wish I could figure out how to update it, maybe I have to email them a support request. Oh goodie.

The face thing is it really that big a deal? Some of you I have noticed your face is on your profile picture on this board. Unless of course its not really you or something.

sd1303

Hey guys, so something came up that stumped both the pax and I.

Driving for Lyft picked up a line, pax 1 and I are enroute to destination. 3/4 of the way there he says actually just drop me off at university light rail vs pike place. Okay, I put new address in waze and we go meanwhile another pax got added.

Get to light rail. He leaves and says thanks yet I can drop him off becuase original location is still in app and all the phone shows is pickup pax 2.

So I call him and ask him if he can click drop off here or end ride now. He can't either. Time has gone by now, I say okay I will handle it with Lyft later don't worry about any excess fees. Pickup pax 2 drop her off, then it gives me option to drop off pax 1. Now finally all is cleared out. Still pax 1 was stuck in the app and not really in my car. Thoughts here?

Second question, how do I get my first no show fee?

View attachment 159855

That exact situation is covered in Lyft's tutorial video.

1). Lyft Line is a flat rate. Line passengers CANNOT change their drop off location or make multiple stops, but they can (of course) get out early. Getting out early does not change what they pay. If a detour is minor, I will generally accommodate it.

2) If they get out early, and the exiting passenger is the next drop off, just hit drop off.

3) If the exiting passenger is not the next drop off, just continue to the next pickup/drop off as instructed by the app. At some point, it will instruct you to drop off the passenger that exited early. You can then tap drop off. You do not have to proceed to the original destination of the passenger that defected.

(If a passenger is going to be "stuck" in the app while you do additional pickups/dropoffs, it's good to give them a heads-up so they don't freak out).

As far as the no show fee for passenger B. You only get a no show fee if your first pickup no shows.

Once you have a passenger in the car, you will be paid for all miles/minutes until you drop off the last passenger on the line. This includes miles/minutes driven toward a passenger who ultimately no shows or cancels.

I wish there was a nominal fee paid for the inconvenience of a mid-Line cancel (maybe $1-$2), but isn't the case now.

Last edited:

Travis Bickle Uber

IDK about any green background, that is how the picture showed up in the initial on boarding when I was submitting all the requested documents. Still wish I could figure out how to update it, maybe I have to email them a support request. Oh goodie.

The face thing is it really that big a deal? Some of you I have noticed your face is on your profile picture on this board. Unless of course its not really you or something.

Some people care some don't. Others have posted screen shots in the past and didn't notice it had personal identifying information. Others don't care. Just decide which side of the fence you are on.

heynow321

i don't know why surgless has that picture. I've met him and he's a 280 lb vietnamese guy.

K-pax

that's just lyft's incompetence showing through. I've had that happen too.

if the fix passenger wants to get out early before picking up a 2nd passenger (that has already been added), you can't end the ride for the first guy. sometimes you may even have to drop off the 2nd passenger first b/c he's closer before you can end the first trip.

I tell them this. You can get out but I can't end your trip until your destination. They usually choose to stay in the car. Ending a matchless line ride early also charges full price, or driving further charges the original route.

Travis Bickle Uber

I dont take pool anymore and rarely do line but when I did I tell PAX I only go by GPS on your route because its the only way I might get matched. I say it's one piece of flexibility you give up by doing pool/line. I try to train them to not use it again.

sd1303

I dont take pool anymore and rarely do line but when I did I tell PAX I only go by GPS on your route because its the only way I might get matched. I say it's one piece of flexibility you give up by doing pool/line. I try to train them to not use it again.

With Line, you WANT to be matched with as many riders as possible. You get paid the same amount for miles/minutes as regular Lyft, plus you get paid for your enroute miles/time for the additional pickups.

Even when the route has been inefficient (closed roads, closed exits, festival areas), I've been paid for miles/minutes without hassle.

Making the route longer is not in the pax interest at all. The more time you are driving them around, the more chance Lyft has to add another rider(s).

Dammit Mazzacane

Re: Green backgrounds:
For years Lyft would photoshop a bush behind the driver's face as a background image. I've ever seen a Lyft driver without it, so I expressed surprise. If you happen to pick up a Lyft driver as a passenger someday, you'd be able to ID it firsthand.

Surgeless in Seattle

Re: Green backgrounds:
For years Lyft would photoshop a bush behind the driver's face as a background image. I've ever seen a Lyft driver without it, so I expressed surprise. If you happen to pick up a Lyft driver as a passenger someday, you'd be able to ID it firsthand.
Yup! They're still taking ivy background shots at the hub. They photoshopped ivy into my pictures.

I submitted a new pic to them because it seemed like they used a camera with a fish eye lens. I had a pax go on and on an entire ride about what a horrible picture Lyft had for me - never qualifying that I looked better in person :confused:

dimwit_driver

There is the ivy bg in my Lyft pic as well. I made a special effort to look as bad as possible in both my Uber and Lyft pics. They're not quite as bad as I would like them to be.