two pax told me they could not see my movement (location) on their app before i arrived

Old Rocker

Probably a glitch on their phone. I actually took two Uber rides this week because my car was in the shop and the app worked perfectly.

Kmiles

It is called internet lag. basically something between your phone and Uber's server is lagging as your data teavels through the internet.
That is the easy answer :smiles:

Bottom line it happens to all of us. I just apologize and blame it on the GPS, none have disagreed as they have had issues too.

Good, if you say it's their error they'll rate you low

UberLaLa

I have started texting pax right away to say, "On my way. Uber!" Cuts down on many of the cancellations. And, I text them
"Über out front when you are ready. Thanks!" - Because way too many say, I didn't even know you were out here. The App said you were still two minutes away, for the last five minutes.

Richard Cranium

"Über out front when you are ready. Thanks!" .[/I]
Just curious how long do you wait?
Respectfully, I personally would not use that verbiage,as it is setting a precedent for them to take their sweet time.
Not to be negative, but some will take advantage of that, and then it comes down to how long you actually are willing to wait, it sounds rather indefinite.
Some Pax already expect Limo service at X price. It possibly may be sending the wrong message. But in the end, we are all IC's :wink:
IMHO.

RC

UberLaLa

Just curious how long do you wait?
Respectfully, I personally would not use that verbiage,as it is setting a precedent for them to take their sweet time.
Not to be negative, but some will take advantage of that, and then it comes down to how long you actually are willing to wait, it sounds rather indefinite.
Some Pax already expect Limo service at X price. It possibly may be sending the wrong message. But in the end, we are all IC's :wink:
IMHO.

RC
I hear you Richard. I say those exact words because I do not want the ones that did receive the notification to feel like the Driver is rushing them. Most have already been notified by the App - we just have no idea how many and who. I wait for 2-3 minutes then call the ones that have not yet come out. Most of them did not see the Arrival Alert or receive my text - or so they say, lol. If someone asks can you wait a couple more minutes? - I will. There are a number of reasons why I text the Rider as soon as I arrive. Sometimes navigation takes me to the wrong address. Other times either the Rider does not hear the single Arrival Alert, or it shows them I am still 'Two Minutes' out. And, I want them to know they are dealing with a person now, not just some impersonal App. I have had maybe 2 or 3 Riders 'take their time,' but I think they would have anyway! Ciao...

tripAces

I had to email Uber and asked pax to do the same. I had for awhile people ask me if I have arrived.
Well I started asking why after the 5th person asked. And been told their app doesn't sound or show I have had.
Since the auto arrive was implemented on the app I have had this issue. I started sending arrived text but its frustating to me.
Never had this issue this much with the old system.
Problem is most drivers never send text about issues. Thus it never gets fixed or better yet bring back the old way.