Two fast pings

Bill Collector

I have started noticing getting ping on top of ping! While staring at the app in a zen like trance, I saw that ping circle come up and before it made 2 seconds sweep, I get another full ping basically on top of it. It all happened in a split of second and looked like the second ping was from the same person. Of course I accepted it like a Pavlov's dog. At the end of the trip, went to ratings tab and found out my acceptance rate decreased by 2%. Only reason I can think of is Uber punished me for not being fast enough to hit accept immediately when pinged. Really Uber? You want us to be that quick?

CrazyT

Sounds like a system glitch that dumped the first ping and let the second one in. I've had that and yes they'll tank your acceptance rate. Too many times their system hiccups and the driver gets the hit

tohunt4me

I have started noticing getting ping on top of ping! While staring at the app in a zen like trance, I saw that ping circle come up and before it made 2 seconds sweep, I get another full ping basically on top of it. It all happened in a split of second and looked like the second ping was from the same person. Of course I accepted it like a Pavlov's dog. At the end of the trip, went to ratings tab and found out my acceptance rate decreased by 2%. Only reason I can think of is Uber punished me for not being fast enough to hit accept immediately when pinged. Really Uber? You want us to be that quick?
Uber creates situations to penalize DRIVERS.

Argantes

Mine malfunctions as well, except mine won't let you tap the phone screen to accept the ride, the clock just goes round until it disappears and makes no ping sound then does the same thing again for next person until you restart the app, dropped my acceptance by 10% last night, even missed a 3.5x and it logged me out for 2 min for cancelling too many rides, go figure. Anyone else experience this during surge pricing?

Bill Collector

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I ended up resetting the phone.. Now the problems seem to go away.. Don't know for how long.