Two extra minutes screwed my guarantee

Monday, I opted into the guarantee of $32/hour with the criteria: 1 ride per hour, 1 hour online minimum, 80% acceptance rating. I was online for 3 hours and 2 minutes, did 3 rides, and my acceptance rating was 100%. I only made $32 and was kind of relying on that 60-something dollar difference.

When I didn't get it on my check, I contacted Uber and they said that I didn't make guarantee because I did .99 rides an hour, not one. Are you kidding me? Being logged in for two extra minutes screwed me? I stayed logged in for two extra minutes to ensure I was on long enough. I/We should be compensated for the full hours we drive.

I am so pissed right now. I have half a mind to deactivate my account if this is how they treat their drivers.

tohunt4me

Monday, I opted into the guarantee of $32/hour with the criteria: 1 ride per hour, 1 hour online minimum, 80% acceptance rating. I was online for 3 hours and 2 minutes, did 3 rides, and my acceptance rating was 100%. I only made $32 and was kind of relying on that 60-something dollar difference.

When I didn't get it on my check, I contacted Uber and they said that I didn't make guarantee because I did .99 rides an hour, not one. Are you kidding me? Being logged in for two extra minutes screwed me? I stayed logged in for two extra minutes to ensure I was on long enough. I/We should be compensated for the full hours we drive.

I am so pissed right now. I have half a mind to deactivate my account if this is how they treat their drivers.
Uber On,Partner.

14gIV

post email, if this is true this is true this is some bs

dnlbaboof

i had this fear when you read the fine print they are correct, should have just given 1 last ride to make it 4 and then shut app off so you would have had 4 rides in 3.3 hours and would have gotten paid

Disgusted Driver

If you can get someone in your region to look at your complaint, you have a shot at getting it. I will write in, when I get the asinine response of here's how guarantees work, I ask thm to escalate it to the regional manager. Keep emailing, start a new email with slightly different subject/text every day till they give you what you are entitled to.

Wish we got guarantees still, those days are long gone.

kes1981

I don't understand what this thread is for and why you are complaining.

Did Uber miscalculate your hours online?

Did they miscount how many rides you have?

It seems like you messed up and didn't meet the requirements for the hourly. You have no room to complain. If you are going to do the guarantee then you need to be on top of it. Sorry but Uber is right here, you failed the hourly and there's zero reason for them to pay you.

SOLA-RAH

Gotta keep track of your time! I'm always in at :01 and out at :00 to ensure my time never crosses over. It's a lesson many of us learn the hard way at least once.

PRO-TIP: If you're driving the last ride you need for the guarantee but running out of time, cut the ride short in order to make the 1 ride/hr minimum. You lose lots of money every time that you don't.

Slavic Riga

Cannot understand why people chase Guarantees. Uber guarantees are for Suckers, who get sucked in a whirlpool & cry for 'Help' on getting hurt or are drowning. Guarantee yourself to make 'X' amount of money when you go out. Don't pin hopes on making money on somebody else guarantees.

I feel disgusted hearing this happened to you.

Nova828

How did you only do three rides in three hours?
That's the smartest way if there's a guarantee with a 1 ride per hour minimum requirement. The best thing to do, let's say your goal is 3 hours of $25 per hour pay, is to go downtown and try to get in 3 quick rides. Usually short rides are our enemy, this time short rides are your friend. Then go somewhere you're unlikely to get a ping and stay logged in until you hit about 2 hours 55 minutes total online time. Any more rides than the minimum requirement is just losing money!

Fauxknight

We don't even get guarantees with min rides/hour anymore, lately the minimum # of rides has been set for the entire block as if you worked the entire block. Basically once you hit the minimum you might as well finish the block because you are already getting paid at least the guarantee for it.

Either way, you messed up your timing and did not meet the guarantee. It sucks, but you don't qualify for it and shouldn't get it.

Carbalbm

That's the smartest way if there's a guarantee with a 1 ride per hour minimum requirement. The best thing to do, let's say your goal is 3 hours of $25 per hour pay, is to go downtown and try to get in 3 quick rides. Usually short rides are our enemy, this time short rides are your friend. Then go somewhere you're unlikely to get a ping and stay logged in until you hit about 2 hours 55 minutes total online time. Any more rides than the minimum requirement is just losing money!
This is only the case if there are no Power Driver bonuses. In that case, you should use a guaranteed time to do as many rides as you can (POOL included) as you are guaranteed a rate anyways. Trying to game the bonus leads to situations like this. The only times I've had issues with being paid incentives and bonuses is when I try to game the system.

Ozzyoz

You think that guarantee is something to worry about over a few minutes? Try the the weekly bonus. I was short 1 peak ride hour and they refused to just give me that hour. Sunday is last day for people to get the peak hours in and to make matters worse, they only make peak hours 9am and 11am. It is like they hate giving out bonus and fight it. I am wondering why they even offer it if they frown upon it? One time they wouldn't even pay the bonus for a whole week later, they purposely delayed it so they can make the interest on it and that way they wouldn't loose and still give drivers the bonus after they earned the extra interest.