Uber Drivers Forum banner

Two Drivers same Location

1K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  wk1102 
#1 ·
So I got what I thought was a nice fare from Carrollwood to Central Ave in St Pete, plus tip. I decided to stick around for a little while because of the Uber text Blast saying what a good night for 1st Friday would be.

Just a bunch of minimum fairs and no tips, kinda like SoHo. Nothing exciting.

I did have a run in with another Uber driver on 12th Ave NE. I guess he was picking up some lady at the same address(apt bldg). As I am pulling up, he is trying to get my pax to take one of his Uber Discount Cards and asking me if it was okay. I quickly handed my pax a discount card and said we didn't need his.

His pax was also getting into his car with the famous solo cup, I am sure it was just water(not). This comment is for the Alcohol Nazi, that said all the driver's that allow this to happen make his ratings bad because he doesn't. For the record I don't either, still have a good rating. I am sure it is in the presentation and tone you use when you tell the pax it isn't allowed.

#4 ·
I had one passenger who kept hitting a bottle she was hiding in her purse. Alcoholics, smh ... What are you gonna do? Lol

I also would have been pretty pissed if another driver interfered in my trip in any way. That was pretty ballsy to approach yours with his discount. What an ass! We don't exactly work together, in fact we are more competitors than coworkers, but that is no excuse.

It just seems like now there are so many damn drivers and more and more everyday. That wouldn't be a problem in itself, but when you throw one in who is aggressive like that (and apparently an asshole as well) it just makes everything so much worse.

#6 ·
It kinda urked me a little, but I didn't let it mess up my night. I may have done the same thing if I had gotten there 1st and think I was just trying to help out the pax. Without knowing the motives of the other driver, it's hard to say. But , it could be considered as a real dick move.

#5 ·
Because Uber is not my full time gig and my job with the school bus is, I will accept a 1 star rating if it keeps my ass out hot water. Again I'm not sure if the passenger gave me a 1 star rating or not, I will say this it ain't worth the risk. If they don't like my tone or ever have an issue with it I will cancel the fare log the hell off and get out of dodge. I don't see this ever happening but again not worth the risk.

#10 ·
I think what they're talking about is not a discount card. It's a business card with your code on it that will give new riders a $20 credit for their first ride. Uber had a deal earlier this summer where they gave out 500 free cards professionally printed, but you can just print your own if you want, or just give someone your code. It's the same code you have to sign up new drivers. I got the cards but have only given out a couple. I left a stack of them at a bus stop once but no one has ever used them. We are supposed to get $5 or $10 if they do, but I haven't gotten paid anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.