Two and a half hours on a Saturday night and no requests

Coachman

I'm driving in DFW. I clocked in at 7pm and drove 30 miles into the city. No pings. I hung out in hot spots. No pings. At least four times I was "in a busy area, expect trips soon." No pings. Finally I put on my DF to head home. No pings. So frustrating. I got home a little before 10pm.

tohunt4me

I'm driving in DFW. I clocked in at 7pm and drove 30 miles into the city. No pings. I hung out in hot spots. No pings. At least four times I was "in a busy area, expect trips soon." No pings. Finally I put on my DF to head home. No pings. So frustrating. I got home a little before 10pm.
No one is travelling.

ANT 7

WOW !!!

I know we have what I call "hard throttling" of the driver's now (which means there must be significant driver saturation IMHO) and I have actually had the exact same thing at 7 AM for a couple of hours as well. Happened maybe twice in the last year. Went home after 2 hours without a ping and zero in the bank, in the middle of rush hour, when I would have normally made $30-50 already.

Last edited:

OldBay

WOW !!!

I know we have what I call "hard throttling" of the driver's now (which means there must be significant driver saturation IMHO) and I have actually had the exact same thing at 7 AM for a couple of hours as well. Happened maybe twice in the last year. Went home after 2 hours without a ping and zero in the bank, in the middle of rush hour, when I would have normally made $30-50 already.

Welcome to my reality.

The more saturated the market gets, the more "time outs" you will have.

This could be an indication of less trips or more drivers.

Invisible

Saturday here was very slow, although weather was decent. But today with 60 degrees, everyone was outside doing things and going places, so it was busier than yesterday.

Coachman

I went out again tonight. This time I turned on both apps. I got a minimum fare Lyft ride. Then I got a long pickup (12 min) Lyft request that was a no show. Finally I got a long Lyft airport ride. I put my DFs on for the ride home and got nothing.

Oscar Levant

I"ve never had that happen to me when there was the 'busy area' message. Longest, I think, was an hour, which was odd, I thought. My general policy is to drive to somewhere else, if I don't get a ping after 20 minutes, or so.

I drive 35 miles to downtown San Diego from where i live. It's rare that there are no pings, but, it does happen.

It's happening more now due to the virus, conventions are cancelling, and downtown SD depends a lot on them.

Steven Ambrose

I had a similar problem a few weeks back. Did you log off and log back on again? I did this after 30 minutes of no pings and then when I did this (logging off/logging back on), I almost immediately got a trip request.

Coachman

I had a similar problem a few weeks back. Did you log off and log back on again? I did this after 30 minutes of no pings and then when I did this (logging off/logging back on), I almost immediately got a trip request.
I didn't log off until later in the shift before I set my DF toward home. I should have done it earlier. I also should have turned on Lyft. I don't know why I didn't.

marktwothousand

I live in downtown Toronto Canada and no pings for over an hour at a time is typical anytime after 7 PM.

saturation is real. welcome to the reality of what the rest of the markets are like.

DriverMark

Painful :poop: :frown: