1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Turning in my application soon for NYC TLC

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by NJDriver, Sep 11, 2015.

1. NJDriver

NJDriver

In a way Im very happy, but in many other ways sad. The reason why I started Uber was to supplement my contracting business which has been soft for the last year. Dont get me wrong, I dont want to do it, but I have little choice. Plus NYC is a much sketchier place than the suburbs or Hoboken or the airport. Getting shot in the city is very real. TLC drivers are exempt from wearing seat belts so the passenger doesnt strangle them. Lets say I have mixed feelings on the deal.

Im happy because no matter what happens I can drive to the city and make some cash. Im sad because I wanted to see my contract work flourish. In any event, if the economy takes that dump you will appreciate Uber...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  2. Skyhakw2472

Skyhakw2472

Driving:
    UberX
    Good luck with everything. Being a consultant as well I know what you are going through. If my steady contract were to end then I may have to think about driving full time as well. For the time being I enjoy the part time driving and will pick up some of the slack while you are in NYC :)

3. NJDriver

NJDriver

Its good to apply and have the TLC license just in case. It takes about a month to get. If I were you I would get it as insurance. Lets say if things slow down and you need to get it. Its going to take a month. Apply now just to have it. If things go south you can go the next step. The next step would be the car, insurance and plates.

4. TaylorHamNCheez

TaylorHamNCheez

Driving:
    Lyft
    Good luck man! Keep us updated & are you still gonna drive NJ?