• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Turned down a $500 ride

nosurgenodrive

12:30am 185 mile ride. Called pax, she was Asian and offered me $300 cash on top of fare. I told her that I was already committed to an obligation for $100. She offered $100 more. Asked about pax. She told me he was being released from a hospital from falling and hurting himself. I expressed concern about a hospital release. "Oh he can walk."

"Sorry, pass."

"You are fourth Uber who say no."

I would have arrived at 3-4am. No thanks. 3 hours with a pax released from a hospital wasn't even worth $600.

nosurgenodrive

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Unless there is more to the story I would have taken it. No likey $$$? You are projecting and speculating on too many bad things. If you want to project the worse that could happen don't take any rides. Each ride you take can end badly, fyi.
Have at it.

Getting greedy never turns out well.

My remote viewing told me to pass. I had a peaceful night and still made over $200.

Seamus

When you're smart with your money, it's easy not to jump at fools gold.
You'r demeaning comments to people who have other views than you aren't necessary. Just because someone doesn't easily turn away $600 doesn't make them "Greedy". Secondly, the whole point is that you don't know it's "fools gold", you are assuming. That's fine for you but doesn't mean others who have a different opinion are wrong for doing it differently then you do. Live and let live. I've got thousands of rides over years experience, theres nothing wrong with checking out $600 and no one said you were wrong for not taking it.

nosurgenodrive

You'r demeaning comments to people who have other views than you aren't necessary. Just because someone doesn't easily turn away $600 doesn't make them "Greedy". Secondly, the whole point is that you don't know it's "fools gold", you are assuming. That's fine for you but doesn't mean others who have a different opinion are wrong for doing it differently then you do. Live and let live. I've got thousands of rides over years experience, theres nothing wrong with checking out $600 and no one said you were wrong for not taking it.
And my answer informs you my position. I'm smart with my money, so someone waving it at me doesn't make me jump.

25rides7daysaweek

12:30am 185 mile ride. Called pax, she was Asian and offered me $300 cash on top of fare. I told her that I was already committed to an obligation for $100. She offered $100 more. Asked about pax. She told me he was being released from a hospital from falling and hurting himself. I expressed concern about a hospital release. "Oh he can walk."

"Sorry, pass."

I would have arrived at 3-4am. No thanks. 3 hours with a pax released from a hospital wasn't even worth $600.
I'll take 2 of those 7 days a week
Thank you very much 🤩
Not alot of days you can make a grand...

Last edited:

nosurgenodrive

I'm guessing there's a point to your comment but it escapes me. There's very little chance that you are "smarter with your money" then I am so no need to preach. I'm not the one who turned down $100 an hour for driving sight unseen.
There's actually a very high chance that I am smarter with my money than you are, which is why you use phrases like "leaving coin on the table" to justify impulse behavior for a few hundred dollars. 20% of America is likely smarter with their money than you are, so please stop speaking in poorly informed hyperbole.

I processed the information at hand and chose peaceful money.

If I wanted to make millions, I could be making millions.

ZenUber

"Sorry, pass."

Too many red flags
No no no no, I don’t $&@!? No more.

nosurgenodrive

Sounds like a good deal except you have to trust the caller to pay you at the end of the trip.

I was offered $800 for a 10 hour trip Charlotte to St. Louis. I also turned it down but assume that another driver took a nice 2 day roadtrip.
She was pawning the ride off and offering me cash up front.